5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the smoothest & quietest 33" or 34" tire I can get on my stock 20's

Doc33

Reaction score
Hi, I just saw your comment regarding Yokohama tires, and you said that you put on 20”, but in your signature you have 22” wheels ? I am looking at this tires ( also Canadian) but looking for 285/55r22. And as I know this option is not available in Canada.
Just bought 20 inch wheels, have 22 and 18 inch wheels as well

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any pics of the geolandar? How harsh over bumps being lt?

Lungs414

Reaction score
I was looking at these tires the GO15 and in the sizes I'm interested in 305/55/20 there are 2 options. One says LT the other doesn't. Cant figure out the difference, but one is slightly more money. Any info on that you can share ?

Doc33

Reaction score
I was looking at these tires the GO15 and in the sizes I'm interested in 305/55/20 there are 2 options. One says LT the other doesn't. Cant figure out the difference, but one is slightly more money. Any info on that you can share ?
Not sure...I only see one size that you mention

MoparGuy

Reaction score
The LT tire is a heavier ply, if it’s D rated it’s usually 8 ply and E rated is 10 ply. Not sure what the other tire is you were comparing?

Lungs414

Reaction score
The LT tire is a heavier ply, if it’s D rated it’s usually 8 ply and E rated is 10 ply. Not sure what the other tire is you were comparing?
The following look like the same to me.
110101562 https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/yokohama-geolandar-a-t-g015/p/42458?exactmatch=true
110101661 https://www.discounttiredirect.com/cart
Both from discounttiredirect.
Then I also saw these. Not sure what is best for me.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
The Geolander G015 has two different tread patterns. P rated tires look different than the LT tires. It’s a smooth quiet tire. They have long life and are great in the snow. Dose fine on a forest service road but not much more then that. Holds onto rocks in the tread and will not clear out mud. The other tire, the XAT is a more aggressive hybrid all terrain tire. It is heavy but will perform better then the negatives I listed on the G015. I still like the Falken AT3w better

Attachments

• D42F4A3E-AB06-428B-8E99-E95C50547011.png
    D42F4A3E-AB06-428B-8E99-E95C50547011.png
    248 KB · Views: 94

Lungs414

Reaction score
The Geolander G015 has two different tread patterns. P rated tires look different than the LT tires. It’s a smooth quiet tire. They have long life and are great in the snow. Dose fine on a forest service road but not much more then that. Holds onto rocks in the tread and will not clear out mud. The other tire, the XAT is a more aggressive hybrid all terrain tire. It is heavy but will perform better then the negatives I listed on the G015. I still like the Falken AT3w better
Thanks for the response. Again have seen different Falken WildPeak's
WILDPEAK Falken A/T3W A
WILDPEAK Falken AT3w
Is this similar where it is just a tread pattern difference? And in the size I'm looking for they seem heavy at 71 Pounds according to custom offsets. Hard to find info , Ive tried.
Thanks again for the help.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kinda late to this thread but I put 285/60/20 Ridge Grapplers on my truck which is not lifted or leveled. I like the tires a lot. There is bit of a rub on full lock turns but it’s not bad. And I could eliminate it by trimming a bit off of the plastic wheel liners.

Attachments

• 7EBE0539-22AF-41EE-BFE7-C571066E390E.jpeg
    7EBE0539-22AF-41EE-BFE7-C571066E390E.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 232
  • B7A7D6C7-B0F6-48A6-A462-56D0668BBAA7.jpeg
    B7A7D6C7-B0F6-48A6-A462-56D0668BBAA7.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 235

MoparGuy

Reaction score
WILDPEAK Falken A/T3W A
WILDPEAK Falken AT3w
Is this similar where it is just a tread pattern difference? And in the size I'm looking for they seem heavy at 71 Pounds according to custom offsets. Hard to find info , Ive tried.
If you do search on this forum
WILDPEAK Falken A/T3W A
WILDPEAK Falken AT3w
If you do a search on this forum for the ATW or Wa, you’ll find a post by a member who used to sell tires and he explained the difference between the ATW and Wa. It might have been on this thread but I I’m not sure? I know he said one was made in Europe and they had slightly different tread patterns.

Lungs414

Reaction score
If you do search on this forum
If you do a search on this forum for the ATW or Wa, you’ll find a post by a member who used to sell tires and he explained the difference between the ATW and Wa. It might have been on this thread but I I’m not sure? I know he said one was made in Europe and they had slightly different tread patterns.
Ill check.. Thanks I plan on calling them tomorrow if i can't find an answer.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Kinda late to this thread but I put 285/60/20 Ridge Grapplers on my truck which is not lifted or leveled. I like the tires a lot. There is bit of a rub on full lock turns but it’s not bad. And I could eliminate it by trimming a bit off of the plastic wheel liners.
Tires look good and that’s a sweet looking too! I’m surprised you only have a little bit of rub with that tire size with no lift or level.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tires look good and that’s a sweet looking too! I’m surprised you only have a little bit of rub with that tire size with no lift or level.
Thanks. The rub is not that much and it’s only when the wheel is turned all the way like when you’re backing out of a tight parking spot.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Thanks. The rub is not that much and it’s only when the wheel is turned all the way like when you’re backing out of a tight parking spot.
Unfortunately, tire rub is a bigger issue on the 5th Gen all full lock because they have a tighter turning radius. After having my 17 Ram for two years, I noticed right away I could turn in tighter spots with my 19.

DeDax

Reaction score
Another great option that hasn't been mentioned yet, Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain. Been researching a lot, and time and time again these pop up as a solid competitor for ride quality, noise, and wet/off-road performance.

Users who are viewing this thread