5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

thetalonguy

Reaction score
I'm quite certain the locking tailgate is standard on Laramie trim and above. Might be available only as a package on Big Horm or Rebel.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029256 miles.
My Base V8 Big Horn tailgate is locked when the FOB is not around. Just checked out of curiosity.

A_yakas

Reaction score
At Night when I put my truck into reverse I get blinded by the Bright *** screen. First world problems haha

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
O00o! Nice! Please share the details on that!
If you pull the panel down under steering wheel, there is a fuse block behind it. F54 is what you are looking for. There are 3 blade holes (2 fuse positions). Pull the fuse out and put it in the left two spots and that will allow all outlets under the radio and the 12 volt accessory plug on top of dash to be hot all the time. The usb in the top console is still keyed power, but i never use that one.

Mopar-Rock

Reaction score
my thing...i usually have drivers seat height adjusted high not a low rider...ha...but steering wheel doesn’t go high enough and i rub my legs getting out. wish it adjusted higher. petty. i know...

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you pull the panel down under steering wheel, there is a fuse block behind it. F54 is what you are looking for. There are 3 blade holes (2 fuse positions). Pull the fuse out and put it in the left two spots and that will allow all outlets under the radio and the 12 volt accessory plug on top of dash to be hot all the time. The usb in the top console is still keyed power, but i never use that one.

Awesome! Thank you!

my thing...i usually have drivers seat height adjusted high not a low rider...ha...but steering wheel doesn’t go high enough and i rub my legs getting out. wish it adjusted higher. petty. i know...

My truck has a setting (in the Uconnect Settings) to have the seat move back and the steering wheel raise up when I shut the truck off (or is it when I open the door? I can't remember now). Maybe that's not part of the Big Horn setup you have, though, I guess?

Mopar-Rock

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you!

My truck has a setting (in the Uconnect Settings) to have the seat move back and the steering wheel raise up when I shut the truck off (or is it when I open the door? I can't remember now). Maybe that's not part of the Big Horn setup you have, though, I guess?
Awesome! Thank you!

correct. and like I said my steering wheel is already all the way up but so is my seat. It’s a little bit annoying but not a game changer

Phippy

Reaction score
Only 500 miles into my lease and can honestly say the paint is weak. I'm comparing this Delmonico Red to my previous 10' Galaxy Black and 15' Bright white Sports.

GaryT

Reaction score
33K trouble free miles out of my Big Horn (eTorque 5.7), my only disappointment is in the lack of the Keyless Enter And Go feature. My first Challenger was a base model RT and it came with it standard in 2012.

Tred

Reaction score
I would have to say these two things.
1. Backup Emergency Braking being way too sensitive.
2. Unreliability and buggyness of UConnect system.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have to say these two things.
1. Backup Emergency Braking being way too sensitive.
2. Unreliability and buggyness of UConnect system.

Talk to your dealer about the backup braking. There is actually a TSB to fix that.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talk to your dealer about the backup braking. There is actually a TSB to fix that.

I had TSB 08-047-19 done which is a flash of the Parktronics system and it didn’t help at all. In fact I think it actually made things worse because it’s happening more frequently now.

Is there a different TSB?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Need an alignment after 1700 miles, front tires have noticeable feathering on the outside, way too much toe in

chithead

Reaction score
Mine would definitely be the UConnect being much buggier compared to both our 2014 Grand Cherokee 8.4 and 2016 Challenger 8.4 (the Grand Cherokee did a few quirky things one time, but that was it) - and the transmission shifting.

Seems like under normal cruising, the truck shifts way too quick, like 1500rpms and already trying to get into the next gear, and it isn't crisp at all. Just a lolly skip through the daisy field.

And forget about hard acceleration - what the? I mean you can count to 3 before it shifts each gear. Never had an automatic bounce off the rev limiter before the next shift. Even the Grand Cherokee with it's AWD would chirp the tires shifting into 2nd, and snap firmly into every gear after that.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had TSB 08-047-19 done which is a flash of the Parktronics system and it didn’t help at all. In fact I think it actually made things worse because it’s happening more frequently now.

Is there a different TSB?

I have one numbered "08-076-18". Flash: Parktronic System Module Enhancements. Dated May 26, 2018.

There was another thread on here where a poster was talking about having the same problem. I thought that person said their dealer actually replaced some module and it fixed their problem.

I have had the same issue with way too sensitive emergency braking when backing up. Mine seems to be much better now. But, I have had two things done and I'm not sure if either one or both have anything to do with it. I backed into a pole and got a new bumper and tailgate. I don't know if they replaced anything that would effect this issue. I don't *think* they did, but I don't know for sure.

And, I had my truck in for a clunking noise. Their first repair attempt was to flash all the computers in the truck to the latest firmware. It did not fix the clunking, but I suppose it could have also included an update the changed the emergency backup braking behavior.

Bottom line for me: Mine was so bad I had turned it off - which resulted in me backing into a pole. ARGH! Now, it works well enough that I leave it on and I think I've only had one time where it jammed on the brakes when it shouldn't have.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have one numbered "08-076-18". Flash: Parktronic System Module Enhancements. Dated May 26, 2018.

There was another thread on here where a poster was talking about having the same problem. I thought that person said their dealer actually replaced some module and it fixed their problem.

I have had the same issue with way too sensitive emergency braking when backing up. Mine seems to be much better now. But, I have had two things done and I'm not sure if either one or both have anything to do with it. I backed into a pole and got a new bumper and tailgate. I don't know if they replaced anything that would effect this issue. I don't *think* they did, but I don't know for sure.

And, I had my truck in for a clunking noise. Their first repair attempt was to flash all the computers in the truck to the latest firmware. It did not fix the clunking, but I suppose it could have also included an update the changed the emergency backup braking behavior.

Bottom line for me: Mine was so bad I had turned it off - which resulted in me backing into a pole. ARGH! Now, it works well enough that I leave it on and I think I've only had one time where it jammed on the brakes when it shouldn't have.

Bummer on hitting the pole. That’s where I’m at now, I turned it off because I was tired of getting whiplash. I did see another post where a member had their parktronics module replaced and it resolved the issue. I’ve had a case open with RamCares off and on for a year now for various issues, but it’s been a constant struggle getting the dealer (2 different dealers) to do anything.

By the way, you have good taste on color and package! Thanks for replying!

big al

Reaction score
Keep your foot on the brake lightly. The safety feature only activates if your foot leaves the brake pedal as far as I know
2x Universal Seat Safety Belt Buckle Extender Alarm Eliminator Warning Canceller EBAY! I still use my seat belt most of the time. :)

big al

Reaction score
Keep the seatbelt bucked (even if it's behind you); the door can be open then and 2 or 4wd you can roll w/the door open
2x Universal Seat Safety Belt Buckle Extender Alarm Eliminator Warning Canceller EBAY! I still use my seat belt most of the time

Users who are viewing this thread