5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the going price for Power Side Steps? Also, any Con's?

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Looking into getting some power steps installed. But not sure if it's worth it. Pro's, Con's and what's the going rate.

Chief_Scott

Reaction score
I picked mine up from the dealer. Paid $1200 for the steps and $375 for install. Dealer called me back and said they were iff on the labor by a few hundred but honored their quote. With the mopar steps I am able to deploy and retract the steps using the touch screen (this wasnt 100% clear when I purchased) so I was happy to have that ability. Im not sure if you can do that with different brands. It was a good purchase though.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looking into getting some power steps installed. But not sure if it's worth it. Pro's, Con's and what's the going rate.
Really love mine. Absolutely awesome, and much better than fixed ones I’ve had in the past, as they deploy lower to the ground, thus making getting in and out of the truck effortless.

No issues to speak of except every now an then they take a few seconds longer to retract, but it’s no big deal, just nitpicking.

Cheers,

Nozzleman

Reaction score
I picked mine up from the dealer. Paid $1200 for the steps and $375 for install. Dealer called me back and said they were iff on the labor by a few hundred but honored their quote. With the mopar steps I am able to deploy and retract the steps using the touch screen (this wasnt 100% clear when I purchased) so I was happy to have that ability. Im not sure if you can do that with different brands. It was a good purchase though.
That sounds like a good deal. I wonder if I can convince my dealer to do that. It would be great if it worked through the screen.

Upandaway420

Reaction score
Really love mine. Absolutely awesome, and much better than fixed ones I’ve had in the past, as they deploy lower to the ground, thus making getting in and out of the truck effortless.

No issues to speak of except every now an then they take a few seconds longer to retract, but it’s no big deal, just nitpicking.

Cheers,
Or when you stand too close to the door when you open it and they open right into your shin. Haha. But they make entering and exiting much nicer.

KCViper

Reaction score
Built my truck from factory with auto running boards ($995 option) and really love them. They look great and are quick to deploy and retract! No issues so far.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve always wanted the power steps, but I live in MN and from what I’ve read and personally seen, winter conditions are hard on them. That’s why I’ve never taken the plunge

Scmil

Reaction score
I got my AMP boards off a local sale/trade for 450. The install was done in the drive way and took maybe an hour or so, more time was spent cleaning up the wiring. I know some local shops will install for "free" at the purchase price of 14XX. Hope that helps cost comparison wise.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
I got my AMP boards off a local sale/trade for 450. The install was done in the drive way and took maybe an hour or so, more time was spent cleaning up the wiring. I know some local shops will install for "free" at the purchase price of 14XX. Hope that helps cost comparison wise.
Definitely helps, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread