5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the easiest way to upgrade a base uconnect 8.4 with 6 speakers?

C012mill

Reaction score
Soooo. I thought that I could just contact Ram and have the base 6 speaker system upgraded to have the 9 with subwoofer.

The dealer said there was no way to do this without going aftermarket. Im not looking to do anything crazy, I already picked out new speakers to replace the stock ones, but what should I do about the center dash speaker (which I currently don't have, but want) and a subwoofer? Please advise. Thanks all!

DesertMonkey

Reaction score
Hi,

I too have the base 6 speaker system. 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn. I've spoken with a local car audio store, their recommendation was add a subwoofer. Either a 10" or 12". An amplifier, and a hi level input adapter. I think they said Metra made an adapter for that part. He said the 6x9s were ok, but always could be upgraded. Both sets of doors, and the dash has 3.5s.

For the subwoofer, a mid line amp for the sub, and the converter including labor was between $400 to $500. That also included a custom box for the woofer that is available from their distributor.

They said that would rock the Ram really good.

I've seen boxes available for either side under the rear fold up seat.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread