5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the difference between Readylift 3.5" and Mopar 2" lifts besides the RL tophat spacer since both are preload based lifts?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Whats the difference between Readylift 3.5" and Mopar 2" lifts besides the RL tophat spacer since both are preload based lifts? and the fox tuned shocks of course. Is the better ride quality of the Mopar Kit from the better tuned Fox Shocks? Or does raising the spring perch affect suspension differently then Preloading the top of a spring. I would assume the Fox shocks are tuned a bit softer to offset the firmer ride due to the preload.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whats the difference between Readylift 3.5" and Mopar 2" lifts besides the RL tophat spacer since both are preload based lifts? and the fox tuned shocks of course. Is the better ride quality of the Mopar Kit from the better tuned Fox Shocks? Or does raising the spring perch affect suspension differently then Preloading the top of a spring. I would assume the Fox shocks are tuned a bit softer to offset the firmer ride due to the preload.
The Fox Shocks are tuned different and are designed to have the extra travel. When you put a preload spacer in, you lose down travel because the shock is already extended an extra 2 inches. The Fox shock is designed to compensate for that. I wouldn't necessarily call it a preload (at least not in the same way as a preload spacer) as the shock is built around the additional height. Same goes for the Bilstein 5100s that are so popular for 4th gens. There is additional travel built in to compensate for it, giving you a much smoother ride.

Users who are viewing this thread