5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best way to get offers from ram dealers?

truckNbuck

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the FCA/Chrysler world and never drove anything bigger that a compact SUV :)
Now that they made truck decent looking and driving almost like a car, I decided to try it.
But I'm having troubles getting from the dealers any useful information to even start negotiating.
I'm looking at specific build https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.ram_1...LP,ANT,SER,XH4,MRA,CUE,CS7,UAV,N1,PSC,28H,APA

MSRP 64k

The options I think make it well equipped and nice without any non-functional "appearance" packages.
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine Gen 3
Air Suspension, 4-Corner
Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group (wanted upgraded stereo, rain-sensitive wipers from this package)
Advanced Safety Group (wanted adaptive cruise and surround camera from this package)
Bed Utility Group
Wheel-to-Wheel Side-Steps

Problem number one: this configuration is not available in the area. On whole east coast there are few available (with additional options that make it even more expensive, up to 70k). Should I try order custom? Dealers say the final price will be determined when truck arrives, with current incentives etc.

Another problem I don't know how to make dealership talk. Maybe I spoiled by bmw/vw ones, they almost always able to quote over email/text. The Dodge ones start with idiotic "when you can stop by to discuss it", "we can't sell because you're too far (150 miles!)" or even "custom configuraiton can be negotiate at the office only". I've emailed 40 or so of them in the area (using ram site api get sales email), and only few responded.

And the only dealer gave me actual quote: 850/mo for 36mo lease, only first payment due. Which is like almost double what I have in mind, but maybe I should adjust expectation?!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't go for that lease, that's no different than getting financing with zero down.

Last edited:

JB2

Reaction score
Every geographic region has its quirks that make the car buying sites/programs useful or useless... but perhaps you might consider using services like TrueCar or the Costco Auto Program? There are numerous others with solid reputations as well. Both TrueCar & the Costco Program proved their value in my eyes recently when my significant other purchased her most recent vehicles. If you just want to simplify/shorten the dance while getting a reasonable deal... these programs are excellent. If you want to grind every ounce of the negotiation... direct comms is likely your best route.

truckNbuck

Reaction score
JB2 thanks, but how third party service can help with custom build or locating very specific one?

Anyways, I talked to few more dealers, got a little bit further with discussion and pricing.
Some saying the factory order wouldn't include all incentives (current "employee pricing" or whatever its officially called), others don't know and have to confirm.

So at this point I'm tying to figure out what difference lease deals make for custom order (diesel, air suspension, level2 and adaptive cruise) with whatever they have on the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread