5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's on your instrument cluster today?

j517

Reaction score
I tried Waze before not a big fan I like the trucks GPS didnt u get the xmas traffic for 5 years

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I tried Waze before not a big fan I like the trucks GPS didnt u get the xmas traffic for 5 years

I use it for the police warnings when I'm not cruising. I have a Pb foot...

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I usually keep my center display on the lane assist graphics. I do not like seeing fuel economy all the time because then I get obsessed with trying to hit higher numbers and it messes with my chi.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
U guys have that big *** screen and use apple play and android auto hmmm I'm going to download android auto I dint c the need for it since the big *** screen has everything you would want

I don't have built in GPS though.. It's a base model 8in screen basically.

Lize

Reaction score
Think I might change mine as I'm not really interested in MPG (that's set to Imperial, so 12.1 US). Just spotted 14.6 avg and 146 range, funny.

I like the info on the gauge summary as OP but find it a bit difficult to look at when travelling. Think I'll replace current MPG with oil pressure, not sure about the AVG one, will have a look tomorrow.

I did have the oil life instead of the compass but swapped that back as I like the compass and just check the oil now and again.

j517

Reaction score
Use both
c3fd804fe7048f9c3dd3268729316cee.jpg
a032455e327b9740943820d7c061ca23.jpg

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep the audio on mine because I don't really care about the rest of it. I find a digital speedometer really distracting and if I really want to know the other stuff I just toggle up there once in a while. But I tend to just "set it and forget it". I keep oil pressure, temperature, compass and clock in the 4 little corners. I like not having to look at the main screen when I'm driving. Sometimes I just turn the big screen off altogether.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Must be my OCD but I don't like anything duplicated. Why have digital speed when there is a functional speedometer right next to it? Same for time.

I wish we had a few more options on what can be displayed where but I usually leave it on the driver's info screen. Then it's a simple tap up for tire pressure and one down for MPG.

NinjaMJD

Reaction score
Mostly just the speedo but I’ll check on the fuel economy every now and then

Lize

Reaction score
I keep the audio on mine because I don't really care about the rest of it. I find a digital speedometer really distracting and if I really want to know the other stuff I just toggle up there once in a while. But I tend to just "set it and forget it". I keep oil pressure, temperature, compass and clock in the 4 little corners. I like not having to look at the main screen when I'm driving. Sometimes I just turn the big screen off altogether.
Must be my OCD but I don't like anything duplicated. Why have digital speed when there is a functional speedometer right next to it? Same for time.

I wish we had a few more options on what can be displayed where but I usually leave it on the driver's info screen. Then it's a simple tap up for tire pressure and one down for MPG.
I've got used to digital in a sports car where the speedo is secondary to the rev counter and goes round to 220mph so its not very easy at a quick glance to get an accurate reading and with more and more Police with a radar guns and zero tolerance over the limit it gets important. And if I'm honest my close range eye sight isn't quite what it used to be!!

Users who are viewing this thread