5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's missing?

mattl2

Reaction score
Hey, I am new to this site, but I am curious what all your thoughts are. What are some features that you wish the new RAM 1500s had that its competitors have?

OldCheyenne

Reaction score
1.) Digital dash with blind side camera like the Hyundai Palisade has. There are alot of vehicles including other trucks that have digital dashes, but only a couple have the camera view for the blind side showing in the instrument cluster. If you have not seen this feature take a look on You tube of this option. I imagine Ram will offer digital dash in 2022, hope they add this option before Ford or GMC does.

McHouck

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . The only thing I can think of is the full roll down rear window like the Tundra has .
My 2010 crewmax has full rear window power and it's a base model tundra.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The handsfree setup could work a lot better. Chevy's works way better, just makes more sense especially with reading text messages and radio favorites. Also prefer On Star I gladly paid for someone else to look for driving directions and they saved my mom's life in a car wreck.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I wish intelligent cruise control/lane keep assist/blind spot was standard on all trims like the Titans.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, I am new to this site, but I am curious what all your thoughts are. What are some features that you wish the new RAM 1500s had that its competitors have?
I really wish you could order a Limited without Air Ride. I’d rather install the Mopar 2” lift with Fox shocks.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In no particular Order, I have a $75k Limited and yes this is all first world problems and I understand it's a truck, but there is a market for this kind of stuff; if I wanted a Tradesman or a car I'd get those. Call me posh or whatever lol. Don't get me wrong I knew exactly what I was getting into, and I love my truck. Specifically the utility, storage, interior quality; and stuff like the new Technology Group which is a fresh update. Anywho, just some thoughts for a refresh 2022-2023 Refresh / 2025 Redesign:

1. Digital Instrument Cluster (Something like Audi, Land Rover, or Mercedes'; Ford's is meh on the F-150 but a little better on the Lincoln Navigator/Aviator)
2. Rear Windshield that comes down fully (Like the Tundra and 4Runner)
3. A Better Full Suite of Safety Tech and Driving Assistance (On par with Mercedes; stuff like Auto Emergency Stop Assist, Active Lane Change Assist, Evasive Steering Assist, Night Vision [Ram offers just the basic stuff when it comes to active safety tech like Auto Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Detection etc, Mercedes has had those for 20 years])
4. Better Sound System (Like that of Mercedes' Burmester or Volvo's Bowers and Wilkins)
5. Massaging Seats (Like the F-150]
6. Full Ambient Lighting with a multitude of Colors (Like Mercedes' 64 Colors Option)
7. Heated Windshield (Like Land Rover or Mercedes) [With Better Wipers]
8. Rear Seat Entertainment (A truck is now a family car, let's be honest. My 1500 Crew Cab has more legroom than a Minivan or an S Class)
9. More Color Options [Interior and Exterior] for the 2 Highest Trims (Limited Longhorn and Limited)
10. Transparent Mode for the Panoramic Sunroof (Like an S Class or Toyota Venza)
11. More Advanced Headlights (Like Laser Technology. Normal LED Active Bending and Adaptive Function is nothing new)
12. Surround View Camera and Apple CarPlay utilizing full screen real estate on 12 Inch or newer System (Maybe UConnect 5 will improve it, maybe not)
13. Heated Steering Wheel and Heated/Ventilated Front Seat Physical Buttons for 12 in Screen Users

Think that's about it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread