5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats is the Average dyno numbers for Ram 2019 5.7

fawaz.

Reaction score
Guys quick update in my Truck. I changed the Y pipe to true daul H pipe gained 14HP and 17 tourqe

In conclusion always go true daul whether x or h pipe

Below the graph

30B3B413-5407-4874-9B9B-2520760BD988.jpeg

Modifications
Cold air intake afe
throttle body bbk 85mm
ati dumber 15% underdrive pully,
Long tube headers
Catless h pipe
cat-back

with 35 mud tires and 3.92 gear ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's pretty respectable numbers to measure at the ground.
Did you get a baseline before the mods to see what you gained?

fawaz.

Reaction score
That's pretty respectable numbers to measure at the ground.
Did you get a baseline before the mods to see what you gained?

No thats why I’m asking

i don’t know what average dyno number for stock 5.7 with 3.92 gear

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would guess that your tires are hurting it a bit. That's quite a bit of mass to spin up.

Do you know if this was done on a Mustang Dyno? IIRC, I think that's the one known as the heartbreaker.

Even though the butt Dyno is horribly inaccurate, how does the truck feel?

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dyno numbers are only useful when comparing against runs on that exact same dyno. Dyno outputs can (and do) vary wildly between different units.

What were the numbers before the mods? That's the better benchmark you should be comparing any gains against.

Last edited:

fawaz.

Reaction score
I would guess that your tires are hurting it a bit. That's quite a bit of mass to spin up.

Do you know if this was done on a Mustang Dyno? IIRC, I think that's the one known as the heartbreaker.

Even though the butt Dyno is horribly inaccurate, how does the truck feel?

The truck tuned on dyno jet

Its feels great its turned to monster it like different truck to be honest

fawaz.

Reaction score
Dyno numbers are only useful when comparing against runs on that exact same dyno. Dyno outputs can (and do) vary wildly between different units.

What were the numbers before the mods? That's the better benchmark you should be comparing any gains against.

HYG
The below results after all upgrades CAI,LT headers etc,,

first run without tune the AFR was reading too rich about 10.2

d6651186714c59081922af2d7a26d967.jpg

Does the gear ratio effect hp and torque
Cause I saw a video in youtube ram 5.7 with 3.21 gear ration the truck hit about 355 hp

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hello

I have ram 1500 2020 5.7 hemi with full bolt with the following upgrades:

Cold air intake afe
throttle body bbk 85mm
Long tube headers
Catless y pipe
catback

After tuning the truck made rwhp 339hp and 376 torque

My question are these number consider normal with modification above?

That whp number seems pretty close to stock trucks with stock size tires, but that torque number is great! I’m sure with stock tires your results would be higher too

fawaz.

Reaction score
That whp number seems pretty close to stock trucks with stock size tires, but that torque number is great! I’m sure with stock tires your results would be higher too

I think I found the answer

[mention]shkelqimfuga [/mention] quote the following from the thread:

Before tune: 290,7 WHP @5600 RPM

After tune: 335 WHP @6000 RPM
Gain: 45 WHP
Estimated from factory: 395 HP

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HYG
The below results after all upgrades CAI,LT headers etc,,

first run without tune the AFR was reading too rich about 10.2

d6651186714c59081922af2d7a26d967.jpg

Does the gear ratio effect hp and torque
Cause I saw a video in youtube ram 5.7 with 3.21 gear ration the truck hit about 355 hp

The different gear ratio changes the correction factor on the dyno, but the output number shouldn't change....in theory. Now, there's ALL KINDS of dudes with anecdotes out that swear on their mother's grave that lower rear end gear ratios lower....and I'm one of those. I have personally seen my old F-Body lose 16 hp on the dyno when going from 3.42 gears to a 4.10. Did 2 pulls in the morning and 2 after the swap on the same day.

There's also the issue with these trucks and shifting, unless you are doing the whole run in 6th (unlikely with this truck) you are experiencing more driveline loss. This is the reason why most manual transmission (and manual gear selectable autos) only do their pulls in the 1:1 gear.

So yea, your gains look to be "within family". (I assume that first ~325 pull was post mods but pre-tuning)

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I think I found the answer

[mention]shkelqimfuga [/mention] quote the following from the thread:

Before tune: 290,7 WHP @5600 RPM

After tune: 335 WHP @6000 RPM
Gain: 45 WHP
Estimated from factory: 395 HP

Hmm that’s weird that seems super low. I’ve seen a bunch of stock 5.7s usually around 320-330. If it was 290.7 then that would be a loss of over 26% thru the driveline which is crazy.

fawaz.

Reaction score
Hmm that’s weird that seems super low. I’ve seen a bunch of stock 5.7s usually around 320-330. If it was 290.7 then that would be a loss of over 26% thru the driveline which is crazy.

I’ve seen lots of posts saying it’s typically 280-290 hp to the wheels

In fact there is even worse results

Such as this

fawaz.

Reaction score
Hello

I have ram 1500 2020 5.7 hemi with full bolt with the following upgrades:

Cold air intake afe
throttle body bbk 85mm
Long tube headers
Catless y pipe
catback

After tuning the truck made rwhp 339hp and 376 torque

My question are these number consider normal with modification above?

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are so many things that can effect Dyno numbers. Everything from the Dyno operator no configuring it correctly, not using proper gear, needing tune up, type of Dyno, whether they got the tach signal set up correctly. As mentioned, you can't really compare what one truck did on a different Dyno to yours. If you never got a baseline Dyno, or aren't comparing different trucks in the same Dyno on the same day, it's just bench racing. The proof is at the track or on the street. I've seen Dyno queens that can throw down magical numbers on the Dyno, but could never make a single clean pass at the drag strip without something going wrong.

fawaz.

Reaction score
There are so many things that can effect Dyno numbers. Everything from the Dyno operator no configuring it correctly, not using proper gear, needing tune up, type of Dyno, whether they got the tach signal set up correctly. As mentioned, you can't really compare what one truck did on a different Dyno to yours. If you never got a baseline Dyno, or aren't comparing different trucks in the same Dyno on the same day, it's just bench racing. The proof is at the track or on the street. I've seen Dyno queens that can throw down magical numbers on the Dyno, but could never make a single clean pass at the drag strip without something going wrong.
different variables may affect the results, but in my case, the comparison on my truck, both results are based on 3 runs on the dyno. Then we take the average results of y and h exhaust; also, we test it on the same day, dyno, and tuner. All runs were pulled on 5th

I was thinking of replacing the heavy 35 mud tires to stock tires just to see how much power the 35 are killing 🥲

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
different variables may affect the results, but in my case, the comparison on my truck, both results are based on 3 runs on the dyno. Then we take the average results of y and h exhaust; also, we test it on the same day, dyno, and tuner. All runs were pulled on 5th

I was thinking of replacing the heavy 35 mud tires to stock tires just to see how much power the 35 are killing 🥲
They are good for comparing different mods on same vehicle when using same Dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread