5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's in your Ramboxes!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let's see what cool and ingenious stuff you have in your Ramboxes! Not talking about tool boxes, beer and ice or rags, but maybe air compressors, utilities or any cool ideas or uses of the Ramboxes. Pics certainly appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rudolf1974

Reaction score
Nothing really ingenious yet! Interesting topic though and I'm open for suggestions and ideas.
My wife is excited for the outdoor soccer season to start again, so she can use it for drinks.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Placed my order on Saturday for my factory order, however, on my Chevy Avalanche (it calls them saddle bags, and they look cool with the sharp angles) I put one of those large police officer flashlights on clips on the underside of the cover on one box, and on the other box I put a metal case that housed an air tire gauge.

I camp on the beach, so always aired down. However, if anyone airs them down and back up, you MUST build yourself one of these! 50 3/8" air hose refitted to have 4 quick connect valve connects, with a 3 way manifold to let air in, and also out (to air down) and a pressure gauge. Now, instead of doing each time one at a time, which took over 4 minutes, I do all 4 in less than one minute. Everyone who sees me using it comments and says they're gonna make on. Sorry for the side note, but it's a great mod if you beach or offroad.

Attachments

• 20180129_193152.jpg
    20180129_193152.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 20180127_084934.jpg
    20180127_084934.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 98

Georgian996

Reaction score
I keep one empty to put groceries in when the wife asks me to stop on the way home from work. The other side has all my PPE (steel toe boots, hard hat, safety gear, glasses,etc.) plus safety manual.

Cannonball

Reaction score
****! I didn't know they were THAT BIG. Now that's useful! Can you just drive the truck on the course??? (not on the greens and tees of course, that would be dumb!) lol
Yea that's a Callaway ultra light weight kickstand bag. I can slide my cleats in vertically at the right side near the outlet as well. I've noticed these boxes are an inch or so shorter than the 4th gen but they are an inch deeper overall.

I probably shouldn't be driving a golf cart on the course towards the end of a round nevermind my Ram. o_O:whistle:

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea that's a Callaway ultra light weight kickstand bag. I can slide my cleats in vertically at the right side near the outlet as well. I've noticed these boxes are an inch or so shorter than the 4th gen but they are an inch deeper overall.

I probably shouldn't be driving a golf cart on the course towards the end of a round nevermind my Ram. o_O:whistle:
I like that the full box opens up. On my Avalanche only about a 2-foot section opened up and the other two feet were buried deep underneath the sales and we're very difficult to get at or fit anything in they were pretty narrow these really look like they can have a lot of usage. Plus I like the fact that they look like they're set up for dividers. Anybody ever make any yet?

Georgian996

Reaction score
I like that the full box opens up. On my Avalanche only about a 2-foot section opened up and the other two feet were buried deep underneath the sales and we're very difficult to get at or fit anything in they were pretty narrow these really look like they can have a lot of usage. Plus I like the fact that they look like they're set up for dividers. Anybody ever make any yet?
I have seen Mopar dividers for sale. Even some on EBay for the ram boxes but for what you get they seemed crazy expensive.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score

Make your own dividers here:

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/rambox-vertical-insert-dividers.5390/

Make your own inserts here:

https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...terns-instructions-photos-download-here.4250/

Users who are viewing this thread