5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you do?..

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How would you level a truck that measures 1.75 inches lower in the Front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottChurch

Reaction score
I would probably use bilstein 5100s. I think that’ll be your best option to achieve just a little lift so you’ll sit level.

highgear2005

Reaction score
I have to ask, what’s the point in leaving a truck? I’ve owned many over the years and have never understood the benefits of a leveled truck. Perhaps trucks are engineered to be loaded with weight! Which will lower the rear end while hauling. Ever notice a tractor trailer flat bed? There’s a reason for that crown.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How would you level a truck that measures 1.75 inches lower in the Front?

Bilstein 5100 in the front and leave the back Alone?..

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to ask, what’s the point in leaving a truck? I’ve owned many over the years and have never understood the benefits of a leveled truck. Perhaps trucks are engineered to be loaded with weight! Which will lower the rear end while hauling. Ever notice a tractor trailer flat bed? There’s a reason for that crown.

Just want to fit bigger tires..

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Looks and off-road performance. You don't see many vehicles that off-road with OEM rake.

Bolstering 5100 in the front and leave the back Alone?..

If you just want to level it then yes, don't mess with the rear.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks and off-road performance. You don't see many vehicles that off-road with OEM rake.

If you just want to level it then yes, don't mess with the rear.

Was thinking maybe a 2” puck in the front and hopefully would settle in a 1/4 inch?..

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was thinking maybe a 2” puck in the front and hopefully would settle in a 1/4 inch?..

My 2" puck did not settle at all. It lifted a true 2" and stayed there. Bilsteins will typically settle 1/4-1/2" from when you set the truck back on the ground after install.

ScottChurch

Reaction score
Generally a 2” puck won’t settle any. A 2” puck from any of the good companies will lift it exactly the 2” and stay there. If you were to swap coils then you would experience settling.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have the part numbers for the bilsteins? It’s a 2020 Rebel. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread