5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Windshield Wipers Do You Use

CJR28

Reaction score
The OEM wipers on my BTS are starting to leave a line on the center on my windshield so ill be replacing them soon. What wipers do you use or recommend? I hear good things about Bosch Icons. I had Rain X on my ‘17 and they were ok. Whats the best out there?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've honestly been impressed with the stock ones, over 14 months old and still work as good as any wipers I've ever had.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've honestly been impressed with the stock ones, over 14 months old and still work as good as any wipers I've ever had.
I know it’s not helpful to the OP, but I agree (after 2 years)! I’m sure that’s because mine is garage-kept and rarely sees any winter weather.

Interested to hear everyone’s recommendations.

oldtimer

Reaction score
Whatever type you get, don't get then from the dealer. Tremendous markup on then. Go to someone like O"Reilly, Auto Zone, NAPA.

puba08

Reaction score
Had the Bosch Icons in my 4th Gen and they were excellent. I will be purchasing again for this truck once the stocks wear out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bosch icons on everything we drive.
I have been using the Bosch Icon's for a while now.
Yup. Bosch Icons for all cars. They work great in Upstate NY
Had the Bosch Icons in my 4th Gen and they were excellent. I will be purchasing again for this truck once the stocks wear out.

+5. Bosch Icons seem to last the longest and work the best for us, at least in the midwest or central U.S. climates.

The Ram still has the factory blades (that seem to work well), as it is only 3 months old. The 2018 Grand Cherokee (wife's) has a set of Trico Ultras I just put on as an experiment.
Occasionally I give other blades a chance, but I seem to always come back to the Bosch Icons.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a set of bosch icons off rockauto for $18. Best wipers I have used.

Lit_AF

Hardware Geek - Pro Detailer
Reaction score
I ditched the rubber ones, not like it rains alot lol.
Just got some good pair of silicone wipers. They seem to last longer in heat.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

i think when it comes to when i have to replace them.i will also go back to the stock ones.i think they did a good job.also will try and buy them at the other local vendors(O'Reilys,etc).

Users who are viewing this thread