5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What windshield sensors if any does my 23 Ran bighorn have? Need a new windshield.

RAMMER80

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I got a really bad break in my windshield from a rock. It’s about 18 inches and not fixable.

I’m getting a few quotes one of which is really low from a small shop near me. My only concern is that the windshield might have some type of sensors that I don’t see.

It’s a 23 Ram Bighorn 1500. E torque. Anything I should be looking for?

The reason I ask if there’s a bunch of calibrating that is gonna need to be done, I would rather go to a different place but if it’s just a basic install, I will use the smaller shop because they are about half the price and I had good service with them in the past on other vehicles .

Thanks guy!

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
Just had mine replaced on 2019 Ltd and the shop said Dodge/Ram have proprietary recallibration tools/methods. Installer said as long as he doesn’t disconnect cameras there’s usually no issue. new windshield is in and everything works as before, so I’m leaning toward believing them.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just give them your vin number, they will know EXACTLY what shield you need.
NO NEED FOR CALIBRATION NO MATTER WHAT ANYONES SAYS.

RAMMER80

Reaction score
Just give them your vin number, they will know EXACTLY what shield you need.
NO NEED FOR CALIBRATION NO MATTER WHAT ANYONES SAYS.
Sounds like it will be 375 installed. Seems super inexpensive. I hear the factory glass is kind of weak compared to other brands.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be 375 installed. Seems super inexpensive. I hear the factory glass is kind of weak compared to other brands.
Factory glass is not weak and it's made by the "other brands", oems don't make their own glass. 375 installed sounds about right for standard glass, the install is not hard people have been doing these for years and years.
If you have speed adaptive cruise control or lane assist just watch then so they don't screw with the crap behind your mirror when they take it off (it just unbolts)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote for no calibration. They'll just make it worse.

I had my 3500 limited done with oem glass by the dealer's glass shop (F&F discount) and it was $600 and less than ins paid me as part of a hail claim.

Even the resident expert jimmy07 will tell you no calibration needed.

Users who are viewing this thread