5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be the biggest size of tire under air suspension?

SMS Limited

Reaction score
....great look'n truck, Brother, what did ya pay per tire and how do they sound at hwy speed, thanx, Jimmy
It was around 1750 or a little more for the tires out the door, they sound great for an aggressive tire can’t hear any road noise especially after I installed the Carven catback exhaust.

whardwick

Reaction score
I put Toyo Open Country ATs on mine at 285/60r20 and they rub a little bit when fully turned in Entry/Exit and Aero, and they seem to rub a bit in Normal when in reverse as well.

Has anyone tried cutting some of the wheel well where they rub?

Webbd30

Reaction score
I put Toyo Open Country ATs on mine at 285/60r20 and they rub a little bit when fully turned in Entry/Exit and Aero, and they seem to rub a bit in Normal when in reverse as well.

Has anyone tried cutting some of the wheel well where they rub?

Are you running on stock suspension? what is your set up? Air ride or Off road group or both?

whardwick

Reaction score
Are you running on stock suspension? what is your set up? Air ride or Off road group or both?

I thought I had replied to your message a week or two ago but for some reason it never went through...

I'm running stock air suspension without off road group. My guess is that with off road group it wouldn't rub at all.

gamecocks2001

Reaction score
I think that is the size I may go with. Or 285/65 R20 which is about 35". I have the ORG so I think it should be ok. Did you do anything to compensate for speedo? I have the 3.92 also.

Did you end up putting the tires on?

H.Kyle

Reaction score
I have the Nitto 305/50/22 (just over 34 inches tall). They ride well and as long as I have normal ride height or higher selected I do not have a rub issue.

Users who are viewing this thread