5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What WERE we driving?

odhinnhrafn

Reaction score
'18 Toyota Camry SE. Traded my '17 Silverado because I was driving over 100 miles per day for work. Now I'm closer to work, and driving a little less often (trips to the field).

No pics, because I didn't care about that car. Was just a machine that did the work I needed. The Rebel...? That's a whole different ball game!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I think Ram missed a trick not putting eco and sport throttle settings. Get a Pedal Commander, that does the job and makes it much better in the sport modes. I was really surprised at how effective it is.
My daughter bought my 2017 Charger R/T from me and I still get to drive it once in a while :cool:

20170812_123011.jpg

But I tell you what, once I got the Hellwig swaybar, the Flowmaster Outlaw, and the Pedal Commander installed, I'm not missing the Charger much these days!!

20190819_105046.jpg

MN5241

Reaction score
15 Silverado in Rain Forest Green Metallic, which was a huge selling point to me. Had 57k on it when traded in.
Was a great truck, no issues at all.
Had a diablew tune, Gibson cat back.
Even with the tune, the Ram drives way better, and a much greater treat to drive.
Leveled with an extra 1inch block in the back to offset the weight of the topper. Only ever ran 275/60r20's on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180315_074849.jpg
    IMG_20180315_074849.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 12

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Monte Carlo Blue. Ti sport package. It handled like a go kart and was great when it wasn’t at the dealership being serviced. View attachment 33152
I have the same vehicle in white (2018 Ti Sport). Couldn’t let it go. Even if it has spent over 2 months and thousands of dollars in a shop over the 14 months I have owned it lol

BDCarp04

Reaction score
I'm not missing the Charger much these days!!

In the same boat, also a 2017........ but no way was I letting my new driver buy my 392 for her first car......She gets the winter driver.

I miss her some days, but I've completely fallen in love with my first truck. I don't know that I could go back. And with the 5.7L the truck has much more pep than I was expecting coming from the 392!

tPshx8f.jpg

umxrWWG.jpg

rrbhokies

Reaction score
In the same boat, also a 2017........ but no way was I letting my new driver buy my 392 for her first car......She gets the winter driver.

I miss her some days, but I've completely fallen in love with my first truck. I don't know that I could go back. And with the 5.7L the truck has much more pep than I was expecting coming from the 392!

tPshx8f.jpg

umxrWWG.jpg
Boy, that was a nice ride!! Fortunately, my daughter is 26 and it's not her 1st car. Her first car was a used Hyundai Elantra. I too would never have let her drive a HEMI as her first car. But she lives close by (my basement!!!) and I get to drive it from time to time still so it's been a win win for me. :)

bamanerd

Reaction score
2017 WRX Premium - 6 speed manual. Harmon-Kardon upgraded sound system. Purchased it after my '15 Grand Cherokee was totaled.....by a.....wait for it........1996 Dodge Ram.....lol. $15k worth of damage.

I went with my wife one weekend to trade in her car for a new Forester, and this was sitting there. Someone had buyer's remorse, and came back to trade it for a bright red STI. I picked it up with less than 9k miles on it, and for 6.5-grand off of showroom price. It was an amazing car. I still wish I could've kept it AND got the new Ram!! I'll get another car one day, though. I have a '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 at home, too, that damn near matches this Patriot Blue. It just doesn't have the sparkle.

Users who are viewing this thread