5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what were the ways you used to sell the new OEM tires

dxdx

Reaction score
Still expecting my new RAM limited 2022 in April and I'm already "biased" against the OEM all terrain tires.
If I were to replace the brand new OEM tires, which I'm sure many owners on the forum have done, what were the ways you used to sell them?

Chris VB

Reaction score
Social media, kijiji, auto trader Facebook market place, a sign on your front lawn.
All proven to sell some ol new tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris VB

Reaction score
Got 37’s sold 20” duelers for $1600 cash gone, in 2 days on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the inflated price of tires these days you will not have a problem selling them if you price them right on marketplace. Just remember you have to pay the current ridiculous inflated price for new tires. Just to be clear the limited tires are not an all terrain tire but just a light truck tire. Good luck and congrats on the new truck.

Sold my OEM tires on marketplace in 1 day.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I still have my OEM Fallen Wildpeaks just in case I have a blowout in current tires. Cheaper to swap back in the OEM tires than have to pay for four new tires. Current tires on truck are 275/65/20 Kenda Klever M/T I found on marketplace for $400 with about 60-75% tread left.

RRSBighorn

Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Still expecting my new RAM limited 2022 in April and I'm already "biased" against the OEM all terrain tires.
If I were to replace the brand new OEM tires, which I'm sure many owners on the forum have done, what were the ways you used to sell them?
What exactly is your intended use for them that makes you biased against them? Unless you are trying to do some serious off road mudding, I see now need to replace them. Unless you just want a different size or look. I thought my factory Wildpeaks did great for all around driving. No issues in snow or rain. Never got the chance to test them in deep mid, but that's not something most people will ever do anyways. I was even able to make it up an unplowed snowy hill first try that took a buddy in his Rebel with the Duratracs two attempts. And, no, I didn't follow his tracks.

dxdx

Reaction score
What exactly is your intended use for them that makes you biased against them? Unless you are trying to do some serious off road mudding, I see now need to replace them. Unless you just want a different size or look. I thought my factory Wildpeaks did great for all around driving. No issues in snow or rain. Never got the chance to test them in deep mid, but that's not something most people will ever do anyways. I was even able to make it up an unplowed snowy hill first try that took a buddy in his Rebel with the Duratracs two attempts. And, no, I didn't follow his tracks.
I will be driving mostly on road and high way too - was biased as internet says Wildpeaks (or any other all terrain) is noticeably louder than all weather like Michelin ltx ms at highway speeds 70-80mph.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To get the most money, you have to sell privately, which usually means local Craigslist or OfferUp.

If you are priced accurately, you should sell them right away.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will be driving mostly on road and high way too - was biased as internet says Wildpeaks (or any other all terrain) is noticeably louder than all weather like Michelin ltx ms at highway speeds 70-80mph.
The factory Wildpeaks aren't the same as the AT3W most reviews are written for. I can't say there is any issue with them and road noise. Unless you are going to just a touring tire, there won't be much reduction of what little road noise there is. These trucks are fairly well insulated for sounds and the ANC takes care of the rest

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sold my tires back to my dealer, more than Discount Tire or something, probably a little less then if I sold privately but I didn't want to have to sit on tires. He'll probably put them on a trade-in that needs tires.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
The shop that did my lift bought my wheels and tires with only 4000 miles on them for $800.00

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I sold my tires back to my dealer, more than Discount Tire or something, probably a little less then if I sold privately but I didn't want to have to sit on tires. He'll probably put them on a trade-in that needs tires.
I did the same, but sold the tires and wheels. So much better than dealing with Craigslist or Marketplace.

Users who are viewing this thread