5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your interest rate when you financed your new ram?

U

User_3336

I am sure I was right about the dealer screwing me over on the interest rate. I got approved for the 0% APR for 48 months when I bought my 22 from Mark Dodge. Haven't received any letter yet from them since I got the 22 to see what my current score is. Shouldn't be much difference between now and then
Dealer ALWAYS claims they must have a credit app filled out and they have to submit it. I already had been pre=approved for up to $48,000, and I had a loan app reference ID that Chrysler Capital told me to take to the dealer to save time (dealer could pull that reference # up they said). Dealer said they didn't need it, and pulled my credit AGAIN (actually, the day of the sale, and the day after). They told me I had to wait 90 days to pay off the loan or I would have to repay the finance rebate. COMPLETE BULL****! I didn't finance much since I had a trade-in, so I paid the loan off as soon as I got the account number. Screw the dealer. ccap.jpg

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine was 5.2% but doesn’t really matter to me since I only financed the minimum amount of $12,000 through Chrysler Capital to qualify for the incentives and will be paying off the balance after the required minimum 4 months holding the loan. The little interest I pay will very minimal compared to the incentives I gained.

Last edited:

Bootaggie

Reaction score
Do you have to wait the 4 months? I have heard mixed reports on that

Dewey

Reaction score
I heard 90 days and my dealer said 4 months to be safe. Not sure if I wanna push the issue and then get billed for disqualified incentives. Would they do that? Who knows but not sure I wanna be the one to test it and find out. I paid most of mine off the first two months and left a very small balance so that should knock the interest down to almost nothing the last few months then I’ll pay the rest.

Last edited:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I doubt it. They just tell you that, so someone gets their kickback on the loan. My TD finance loan had something in there that said there was a fee if the loan was paid off within a certain time frame (can't remember the exact amount) and I refinanced after a month and never saw the fee.

U

User_3336

Mine was 5.2% but doesn’t really matter to me since I only financed the minimum amount of $12,000 through Chrysler Capital to qualify for the incentives and will be paying off the balance after the required minimum 4 months holding the loan. The little interest I pay will very minimal compared to the incentives I gained.
$7500 is the minimum for Chrysler Capital loan. Did the dealer tell you $12,000? and there is no minimum time to float the loan.. Did the dealer tell you that as well ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

U

User_3336

I doubt it. They just tell you that, so someone gets their kickback on the loan. My TD finance loan had something in there that said there was a fee if the loan was paid off within a certain time frame (can't remember the exact amount) and I refinanced after a month and never saw the fee.
Dealer gets a kickback if you float the loan. If you don't want to float, screw the dealer and pay it off as soon as you get the account number. (regards Chrysler Capital only for this reference).

U

User_3336

I heard 90 days and my dealer said 4 months to be safe. Not sure if I wanna push the issue and then get billed for disqualified incentives. Would they do that? Who knows but not sure I wanna be the one to test it and find out. I paid most of mine off the first two months and left a very small balance so that should knock the interest down to almost nothing the last few months then I’ll pay the rest.
the dealer is full of b/s! They lose their incentive $$$ on the back end if you don't float the loan 90 days.
No one has ever had to pay back any incentive CCAP gave them. The dealer is full of it for telling folks this!

Dewey

Reaction score
the dealer is full of b/s! They lose their incentive $$$ on the back end if you don't float the loan 90 days.
No one has ever had to pay back any incentive CCAP gave them. The dealer is full of it for telling folks this!
Not surprising if the dealers are lying. Seems to be the normal procedure for most. That’s the standard they’ve given me every truck I bought from them. Guess I’m a sucker for paying a few hundred dollars in interest for three RAM’s over the last 10 years.😆

Makes me wanna pay the balance this month and screw them.😡

Klink

Reaction score
I was going to pay cash for the longhorn but decided to get the 0% for 48 months and leave the money in an interest bearing account.

U

User_3336

Not surprising if the dealers are lying. Seems to be the normal procedure for most. That’s the standard they’ve given me every truck I bought from them. Guess I’m a sucker for paying a few hundred dollars in interest for three RAM’s over the last 10 years.😆

Makes me wanna pay the balance this month and screw them.😡
Dealers will lie lie lie lie, and unless you know to call them out, its less money in your pocket, and more in theirs!

I called the last dealer (finance manager) out on all his b/s. Because the the sales staff and sales manager gave me such a good deal on the truck and my trade-in, I did float the loan, $8,000, for 3 months. I paid 90% of it off as soon as I got the account number from CCAP, then I split the difference in three remaining payments. I didn't end up paying much interest at all. The finance manager was an arrogant a**hole(he even marked my percentage rate up 3 points), but I hated to penalize the sales staff. This is the approach you might take is what I did if you really like your dealer (but then again, they lied to you).

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I bought the car with cash to leave the possibility of a bank inquiry for a mortgage. I thought that if I took out two mortgages at the same time, my credit history would take a serious hit, and it could hurt the success of one of the purchases.

Looks like the first post of a future spammer or bot. 🙄

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
0% 48 months 100% financed Chrysler capital. Had to give up $1,000 incentive but interest would have been much more.

Twil6

Reaction score
0% 48 months 100% financed Chrysler capital. Had to give up $1,000 incentive but interest would have been much more.
How is easy was it to deal with MD? How many times did they try to pull your credit? Was the finance dept truly like everyone says? I am really hoping the Nov incentives go back to 0% for 60 or 72. We just bought a VW a few months ago and credit pulled from them was a little over 800 and gave interest rate of low 3%. I was actually a little surprised as interest rates were rising then so I thought it would be a back and forth. I was not going to argue or complain with that rate as she wanted the car and I was ready to leave the dealership. I wouldn't imagine that I would have a hard time as I have bought and paid off several vehicles over the past few years

I just hope the finance part does not sour the deal or me and I am somewhat worried about current interest in general

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I picked my truck up on June 6, 2022. Used the finance rate available from when I ordered it. 0% for 72 months. Only took $500 out of my pocket for the initial deposit when I ordered the truck in March

2019Raven

Reaction score
Bought my used truck with an interest rate of 4.99% from Lithia Kia. Refinanced 2 weeks later with a local credit union at 3.99%.

Users who are viewing this thread