5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your interest rate when you financed your new ram?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was about a week and a half. That seemed long to me but they didn't lose any of my documents. Your case sounds strange because their customer service has been top notch for me so I hope they get it worked out for you. I bought my Vette from a seller who was suspicious of everything and I had to make a lot of inordinary requests from Penfed to satisfy him.
called this morning and finally got a rep who knew what was going on. She said everyone who applies online gets the same email and wait. She told me to do the application over the phone which we did and within 15 minutes, I had my savings account open. Will apply tonight for refinance and see what happens.

834k3r

Reaction score
I told the dealer I wanted the 0% APR as part of the deal once we had settled on price. I put half down, so that may have sweetened the pot a bit.

Tika

Reaction score
so here is how i secured my financing with avg credit

I located all my fico scores ( about 20 plus scores everyone has) which is why people are shocked when their credit gets pulled, some scoring models are 250-900 some are 350-850 just depends cuz you dont know where they are pulling from.....

my highest auto score had around 75pt difference than my lowest one did
researched banks and credit unions and what scoring models they use
Pen Fed uses my highest available score at the time, so applied with them and got approved (730 score).......my scores for Ram, GM were down in mid 600s

when dealers were wanting 12-13%, navy was @ 7% and pen fed @ 3% ......credit unions are awesome and i also used car buying service to save another 1/2 point in interest

since then my scores have gone way up but still it can make a world of difference knowing what your scores are and which banks pull from which bureaus and models....

DCU is another credit union with really good rates and i will always go in with my own financing, if they can beat it fine but have seen dealerships give 800 plus scores insane interest rates,

Tika

Reaction score
Ordered from Mark Dodge in March and locked in 0% up to 72 months. Took delivery the first day of June, $62,000 on a $76,000 truck, 0% for 60 months or just at $1000 a month.

I'd recommend anyone to join PenFed. Get the rebate via TruCar (backed by PenFed) and you'll win out by having access to some really good interest rates without a lot of shopping. Max out those rebates if you can...join Tread Lightly, PenFed, etc (how to get the best price thread is your friend).

I purchased no GAP, protection plans, tire coverage, extended warranty or anything else. I drive less than most people (except summer) so I'll stay way under depreciation. Carvana already offered me $64,000 for the truck and I owe $59 now. I keep a close eye on depreciation and will do my best to stay ahead of it.

Last big purchase I'll add is $2400 for the 8 year/125K mile warranty via Ziegler / Mopar. I don't think I've had a loan with interest except my mortgage.

Also, unsolicited advice but December is usually employee pricing for all so I'd recommend people put in a 2022 order in September or October and lock in any rebates at the time then hope for insane dealer promos in December.
you know what i tried to find mark dodge on pen fed true car buying service and they wouldnt pop up so am curious how you did?......i even punched in the zip code for their dealership ....mark dodge wouldnt pop up as a true car affiliate.....about to pull trigger but another 1/2 % helps

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you know what i tried to find mark dodge on pen fed true car buying service and they wouldnt pop up so am curious how you did?......i even punched in the zip code for their dealership ....mark dodge wouldnt pop up as a true car affiliate.....about to pull trigger but another 1/2 % helps

That step isn't necessary to get the discount. All you need is the Affiliate Number that True Car gives you. Here's how mine looked:
Kk4EJ1N.png

I just printed that and took it to Mark Dodge. I also sent them a targeted email offer I received via email and a few other discounts I had found and some of them stacked, some of them didn't.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that have used capital one auto navigator. How do you get the APR?

I've used them 2 times, and each time I would get approved, but would NEVER get details about the APR. Just how much I was approved and term of loan. I've caed to inquire about it, and they never give me that info.

Only time I do get that figure is when I literally sit down in the finance department and going over the term and montly payments. It just urks me that I'm approved but no APR. Same thing for Chrysler capital. I get approved and send my info over to the bank.

In those last 2 times, I refinanced after 2 months with a lower APR...even saving 2% at times....so I know something isn't right...but I can call the banks and not get the info.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A5393D31-BDF5-48FF-9F72-6877F0BFE4CF.png
Received this in the mail today from Chrysler. Apparently having at 855 credit score is still not enough to get approved by them. Dealer said my score was 827 when they ran it but Chrysler said it was 855. Find it real odd that when I refinanced I got approved for 1.9% yet an 855 credit score is a denial from Chrysler

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 105259
Received this in the mail today from Chrysler. Apparently having at 855 credit score is still not enough to get approved by them. Dealer said my score was 827 when they ran it but Chrysler said it was 855. Find it real odd that when I refinanced I got approved for 1.9% yet an 855 credit score is a denial from Chrysler
Not a denial from FCA…you were denied by your dealers greed.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a denial from FCA…you were denied by your dealers greed.
Kind of curious what they would’ve asked for for this type of denial? It’s funny because the top of the letter says” thank you for your recent application for the extension of credit through the dealer”. Not really sure what that means.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kind of curious what they would’ve asked for for this type of denial? It’s funny because the top of the letter says” thank you for your recent application for the extension of credit through the dealer”. Not really sure what that means.
The reasons for denial are cell at stated on that piece of paper in your hands. Look at the four “key factors” as it is evident.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My credit score is ~820 and my dealer said it was never in any doubt I'd get the 0 for 72 (back in March). Unless your debt to income ratio is ridiculously high (in which case your credit score would be lower) I don't see why they would deny you. This sounds like the dealer didn't want to finance you at the promotional rate.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reasons for denial are cell at stated on that piece of paper in your hands. Look at the four “key factors” as it is evident.
None of those 4 options make any bit of sense with a 855 credit score. Too many consumer finance accounts? I have no consumer finance accounts. All I have is 3 credit cards and a mortgage. Nothing else on credit. Lack of recent auto loan information? Last time I had an auto loan was in 2014 and that was paid off. Too few accounts paid as agreed? Show me somebody with an 855 credit score that doesn’t pay their bills on time. I have not missed one payment on any bill in over 20 years. Proportion of loan balances to a loan accounts is too high? Every single credit card I have is that a zero balance and my mortgage is half of what I owe. Seems none of those options really explain anything. Oh well since I’ve already refinanced I guess I really shouldn’t be too concerned with any of this although I was curious

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My credit score is ~820 and my dealer said it was never in any doubt I'd get the 0 for 72 (back in March). Unless your debt to income ratio is ridiculously high (in which case your credit score would be lower) I don't see why they would deny you. This sounds like the dealer didn't want to finance you at the promotional rate.
That is what I suspect. Find it hard to believe somebody with an 855 credit score would be denied from the manufacture yet when I turn to a credit union to refinance they automatically approve me at 1.9%. I’m just curious know what the dealer would’ve done to cause this denial? Or what was applied for

U

User_3336

View attachment 105259
I got that letter about a week later from Chrysler Capital. Funny though, I had already been approved by CCAP, and already had my account number. I had already been pre-approved before I went to the dealer, so I guess the dealer ran the app again looking like I was buying a second vehicle. Strange.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got that letter about a week later from Chrysler Capital. Funny though, I had already been approved by CCAP, and already had my account number. I had already been pre-approved before I went to the dealer, so I guess the dealer ran the app again looking like I was buying a second vehicle. Strange.
I am sure I was right about the dealer screwing me over on the interest rate. I got approved for the 0% APR for 48 months when I bought my 22 from Mark Dodge. Haven't received any letter yet from them since I got the 22 to see what my current score is. Shouldn't be much difference between now and then

Users who are viewing this thread