5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your interest rate when you financed your new ram?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bro zero percent is a promotion. Only offered at certain times. Period.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bro zero percent is a promotion. Only offered at certain times. Braggers. Lol 😂

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I paid 9,000 under sticker with zero for 72. I consider zero percent free money for good credit

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bro zero percent is a promotion. Only offered at certain times. Period.

It has been advertised since last year. When I go to the dealers website I bought my truck from, on the main page is the advertisement that says "0% APR financing for 72 months plus no monthly payments for 90 days when financed through Chrysler financial". It is also advertised on ramtrucks.com

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has been advertised since last year. When I go to the dealers website I bought my truck from, on the main page is the advertisement that says "0% APR financing for 72 months plus no monthly payments for 90 days when financed through Chrysler financial". It is also advertised on ramtrucks.com
And many fail to read and/or comprehend the fine print on those websites which clearly state “Not all buyers will qualify. Not compatible with any other incentive programs or offers. See dealer for details.”

Those three short sentences ensure the bait to get you into the dealership is no guarantee you will get the 0%. It is clear the dealer controls who does or does not get the 0% - unless you walk…

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And many fail to read and/or comprehend the fine print on those websites which clearly state “Not all buyers will qualify. Not compatible with any other incentive programs or offers. See dealer for details.”

Those three short sentences ensure the bait to get you into the dealership is no guarantee you will get the 0%. It is clear the dealer controls who does or does not get the 0% - unless you walk…
I completely understand that. Was even told by one dealer you can't take both 0 apr and manufacture rebates, its one or the other. Just thought it was odd that I didn't qualify for the 0% apr. Or so I was told. As I mentioned before, I will never truly know.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
The honest (or more honest) dealerships will tell you what the real deal is. Often the dealership gets a "kickback" from certain banks if they can get the customers to finance with them. An honest dealership sales guy or gal will just tell you about it and offer to share enough of the kickback with you on the principle so paying a few percentage points actually makes the payments less than if you got the 0% promotion from the manufacturer which usually offers no kickback to the dealership.

When we bought our new Ram on July 3, 2021, our research indicated that 1.9% from Chrysler Capital was likely the best deal to be had, but it came with no dealership incentives (kicksbacks). The dealership offered us several loan choices from private banks at a few percent interest each. I just flat out asked about the dealership incentives and said maybe we could work a deal where they shared them with us. The guy, (fairly young and new sales manager at the very small hometown dealership) said they were currently getting no incentives. So I told him we wanted the Chrysler Capital deal. He really couldn't say no because he had already put himself in the position that the others didn't offer a kickback. Plus, he seemed sort of unhappy with his job and may have not cared anyway. The well-optioned Laramie we were buying was too rich for the blood of his hometown customers and he REALLY wanted our Scat Pack.

I don't mind if the dealership makes money. That's what we all want to do in business. I just want the dealership to be open and honest about it and willing to work with me so we both win. And because I research all of this heavily before I go shopping for a new vehicle, I usually know when I'm being lied to. I understand that the reason they lie is that many new car buyers "want" to be told things that sound good when spending lots of money. It's human nature. We literally invite dealership salespeople to lie to us. But that still doesn't make it right and I'm sure it eventually turns many people in that industry into habitual liars in their personal lives as well. Sin always has its costs.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I completely understand that. Was even told by one dealer you can't take both 0 apr and manufacture rebates, its one or the other. Just thought it was odd that I didn't qualify for the 0% apr. Or so I was told. As I mentioned before, I will never truly know.
Agree, that why I detest the Chrysler Credit website - you can apply before you go into the dealership. The site will tell you if you are approved for Chrysler Credit financing but will not tell you the interest rate…one big bait and switch via collaboration of manufacturer and dealer.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't mind if the dealership makes money.
The dealer makes money any which way possible. I have worked at the dealer for over 15 yrs. With the markup on parts, charging shop supply fees and what not. The dealers make a killing. They just get greedy. They are never happy and want more. This is what commission does. Everyone in the dealer is on commission. When I bought my truck, the finance manager slipping in stuff after I said no and then adding on products that my insurance policy already covered was just his greed taking over. Im sure he makes a killing everytime he does it. But I agree, they want to make money, fine. But at least stop the A** f***ng sometime.

Last edited:

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Penfed is not sitting well with me right now. started opening a savings account Monday just to get the membership before applying for the refinance, had to uploaded proof of address, ssn and id. then said it needed to review my documents. called several times during the week and nobody can locate any of the info I sent in. First lady said it was with the fraud dept. Second and third ladies couldn't locate any of my info. facebook messenger said they located my info but it will take 1-2 weeks before it is reviewed. If it takes this long just to open a savings account, can only imagine how long it will take to refinance with them
I have my Corvette financed through Penfed and I will say this - the savings account process took longer than expected. But I was approved for my auto loan in about 12 hours at a much lower rate than I was quoted anywhere else. They've been great to work with ever since. Hopefully it works out for you!

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have my Corvette financed through Penfed and I will say this - the savings account process took longer than expected. But I was approved for my auto loan in about 12 hours at a much lower rate than I was quoted anywhere else. They've been great to work with ever since. Hopefully it works out for you!
how long exactly did the savings account process take?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there any reason why when you apply online to Chrysler capital, or even capital one auto….they never give you the apr…they just tell you how much you are approved?

Only way to find out, is when you in the finance department to sign the paperwork..,.p!sses me off when I do all the work online, and not tell me the rate right away.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
how long exactly did the savings account process take?
Mine was about a week and a half. That seemed long to me but they didn't lose any of my documents. Your case sounds strange because their customer service has been top notch for me so I hope they get it worked out for you. I bought my Vette from a seller who was suspicious of everything and I had to make a lot of inordinary requests from Penfed to satisfy him.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was about a week and a half. That seemed long to me but they didn't lose any of my documents. Your case sounds strange because their customer service has been top notch for me so I hope they get it worked out for you. I bought my Vette from a seller who was suspicious of everything and I had to make a lot of inordinary requests from Penfed to satisfy him.
I guess I will wait it out this coming week. Not sure if there is a delay because of covid, but just odd that the CS reps can't locate any of the info I sent in by my email address, phone number, social, etc... hope once the account is open, the refinance process goes alot smoother, assuming I can beat the 3.89% I am at now.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I guess I will wait it out this coming week. Not sure if there is a delay because of covid, but just odd that the CS reps can't locate any of the info I sent in by my email address, phone number, social, etc... hope once the account is open, the refinance process goes alot smoother, assuming I can beat the 3.89% I am at now.
When I first applied, I had a great credit score but almost no credit history and they approved me almost instantly for 3.99% on a used vehicle. I was thrilled with that given my lack of history.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I first applied, I had a great credit score but almost no credit history and they approved me almost instantly for 3.99% on a used vehicle. I was thrilled with that given my lack of history.
I have a good credit score and good credit history. That is why I still question the rate given by the dealer. But hopefully it will work out for me.

TRIBUTE100

Reaction score
I got my 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab back in the middle of March 2021, which turned out to be good timing. I overheard the sales manager telling someone on the phone when I was there that they were having a hard time getting trucks and cars, new or used. I got over a 10% discount off total sticker price, a great trade in allowance (the same amount I was going to sell it for privately), and got 0% Chrysler Capital financing. But now I'm an old fart with great credit. I traded a 2016 Kia Optima SXL Turbo, loaded, 15K miles in cherry condition and they only listed it for resell 8% higher than my trade in allowance. I watched the dealer's adds lately and I could not get a deal like that today.

Users who are viewing this thread