5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your dealership experience when you bought your Ram?

Klute

Reaction score
The local dealership I have bought from in the past had changed hands. They were not great, just OK. New ownership's sales policy is just downright obnoxious. I went to their website and filled out an inquiry. Within 2 hours I was contacted by phone (text and phone call) by 3 different salespeople all guaranteeing a GREAT deal. Within 24 hours I was contacted via email 4 times by 4 different people. I'm still not sure the video a gal sent me had anything to do with a truck. It was just odd like I'm going to buy a $50K vehicle from a bimbo. With 2-3 days I was contacted at least 10 times by different people. All wanting me to make an appointment for an exclusive showing...wth is that? So I just showed up one day, walked the lot for about 30 minutes and no salesperson they were not that busy, salespeople just talking to each other. So I went into the showroom and was looking at Limited on the showroom floor w/o any contact by anyone. So I left. Got home and got a text from a salesperson about when I was coming in. Told him I was just there and would not return.

I ended up with a very low hassle purchase from a rural dealership about 40 minutes away.

SpikeMike

Reaction score
Over the years I've bought several new vehicles. I feel like I've been really lucky with sales people and dealerships. I've had pretty good experiences. In the few cases that started out going downhill, I just left and went to a different dealership.

For this truck, I ended up going to a small town dealership that's pretty far away because they had this truck with the particular options I wanted. (Winnie DCJR) Had a great experience there and drove home in my new truck.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The local dealership I have bought from in the past had changed hands. They were not great, just OK. New ownership's sales policy is just downright obnoxious. I went to their website and filled out an inquiry. Within 2 hours I was contacted by phone (text and phone call) by 3 different salespeople all guaranteeing a GREAT deal. Within 24 hours I was contacted via email 4 times by 4 different people. I'm still not sure the video a gal sent me had anything to do with a truck. It was just odd like I'm going to buy a $50K vehicle from a bimbo. With 2-3 days I was contacted at least 10 times by different people. All wanting me to make an appointment for an exclusive showing...wth is that? So I just showed up one day, walked the lot for about 30 minutes and no salesperson they were not that busy, salespeople just talking to each other. So I went into the showroom and was looking at Limited on the showroom floor w/o any contact by anyone. So I left. Got home and got a text from a salesperson about when I was coming in. Told him I was just there and would not return.

I ended up with a very low hassle purchase from a rural dealership about 40 minutes away.
They got what they deserved!

R

Rob5589

I found what would work for me on their website. It was marked down 15k from msrp which worked for me so the price was set.

Salesman was a tool. Poor vehicle knowledge, pushy, the usual for a typical salesman. Sales manager was worse. Was basically a bully and he wasn't keen to me walking off. Not to mention the fact that I had far better financing through my CU so he wasn't really needed, which annoyed him. I worked at a dealership way back so I know how dickish they can be.
In the end, didn't care. Got the truck I wanted for a price I was willing to pay. Unfortunately their service dept is pretty lame as well. Whatcha gonna do....

Users who are viewing this thread