5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What version of Uconnect?

fxdrider

Reaction score
For any of you who had the Uconnect update that was distributed this week, what version of the software do you now have? I'm trying to see if I'm current, or if I'm still on the previous version.
I tried checking the Uconnect website. It said my VIN was up to date, but I don't trust it. Just trying to verify.

Turin

Reaction score
For any of you who had the Uconnect update that was distributed this week, what version of the software do you now have?
My radio (8.4 NAV) updated to version 20.37.11.

Turin

Reaction score
According to U-connect website my 18.23.29 is up to date!
I haven't attempted to confirm this, but I suspect the site is just a bit of code to always say that rather than attempting to actually check. Updates are rare enough that it's even right the vast majority of the time!

CJW

Reaction score
I checked the website and it said it was up to date, and yesterday on my way back from the store I get hit with the update.

Reaction score
Want to check what version I have, the website simply says I'm up to date but I want to verify that. Any way to check in the truck, 8.4Nav Uconnect.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Want to check what version I have, the website simply says I'm up to date but I want to verify that. Any way to check in the truck, 8.4Nav Uconnect.
Push the two outside menu "buttons" on the 8.4" screen for about 10 seconds and you will enter dealer mode (these are the touch screen menu buttons on the bottom of the screen - the first on the left and last one on the right, no matter what they are).

I don't have my truck to take pics right now but it's in one of the options in the dealer menu that will show you the current software version on your truck.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Mine shows up to date on Uconnect site as well, but compared to what versions are running, I am infact not current. Typical Uconnect woes.

Reaction score
Got it, thank you! It appears I'm running 20.42.11. Needed it to do further research on why my iPhone is suddenly giving me a "device not supported" error on my radio. Turns out a swap of chargers solved my issue.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I haven't had an update since March 2020, but I have no issues so no complaints.
I'm on 19.49.13 btw.

350TX

Reaction score
My 8.4 Nav updated to 20.42.11 last night. I believe this is the first time I was queried to install an update since acquiring the vehicle back Nov. 2019. Not sure if this typically happens in the background or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My 8.4 Nav updated to 20.42.11 last night. I believe this is the first time I was queried to install an update since acquiring the vehicle back Nov. 2019. Not sure if this typically happens in the background or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't upgrade in the background. It will always prompt you for confirmation.

A-TEAM

Reaction score
Is there a way to manually update the software with a usb card?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a way to manually update the software with a usb card?
The only way I know that you can do that is to enter your VIN here: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

If there is a software update then I think you have the option of downloading it to a USB to put in your truck.

So far I don't know of anyone who has had a software update available when they plug in their VIN. I check regularly and it's always told me my software is up-to-date...even when an OTA update has appeared later that day.

Users who are viewing this thread