5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of replacement battery did you get?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had to replace my battery due to the strange issue where all the 4wd and traction control freaks out on start. I got a new battery and it still seems to be acting up again. My truck starts but sometimes reports a bunch of stuff isn't working. I am curious if you had this issue what model battery did you get?

This is what I got out of necessity. Any suggestions are appreciated!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had to replace my battery due to the strange issue where all the 4wd and traction control freaks out on start. I got a new battery and it still seems to be acting up again. My truck starts but sometimes reports a bunch of stuff isn't working. I am curious if you had this issue what model battery did you get?

This is what I got out of necessity. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Let it sit for a few hours or even overnight, and see if everything is normal tomorrow. Sometimes it takes a while for the systems in these trucks to come back online. This is especially true for the higher trim levels since they tend to have more systems than lower trim levels. I replaced the battery in our Limited a couple months ago with a battery from NAPA. At first the dash was all lit up. I had read that it can take a while for things to get back to normal so I let it sit overnight. The next morning the truck behaved as it should. It's been fine since.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had the issue last week. I don't drive my truck that much since I work from home and most of my drives are short (2-5 minutes). I am wondering if I should just take it on a long drive and get it a good charge and see if it continues to happen. It will startup fine one day and not the other. If it starts weird, I'll drive it for a little bit (2 minutes) and then I will stop and start it up and it will be fine. My battery charge in ACC mode says 12.5/12.6 volts. While I am driving its 14.5-14.6. I assume those numbers are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online