5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Tow/Recovery Strap?

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So just curious what tow/recovery strap everyone carries in their truck? Or do you carry a tow and recovery strap. Let’s hear what you have!

cra1g

Reaction score
Mine is a 24k lb ARB strap. Also have a Smitty 12k winch, an ARB tree saver, a snatch block, a pair of 3' 10k axle straps, a receiver hitch shackle, various d-ring shackles, a pair of MaxTrax, and a HAM radio if all that doesn't do it. ;) Thinking about adding a Pull-Pal, although in western Oregon, there aren't that many places without a tree handy.

I'm a little paranoid about getting stuck. I got the Grand Cherokee high-centered on a forest service road in frozen mud with deep ruts on each side a few years ago. Was barely able to get cell service to call for a tow--they never showed, but a nice guy in an HD Ram happened along and pulled me out. He dinged his bumper on a tree in the process, so I got his info and sent him a check for the cost of a replacement bumper. I put a winch on the Jeep after that, and I'm determined not to depend on luck to get myself out of a jam in the future.

Last edited:

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking at Rhino strap. Haven’t had a tow strap in a long time since I have been in cars for so long since last truck

Users who are viewing this thread