5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Tonneau covers will actually work with Regular (Non-Rambox) Bed AND Mopar Bed Divider?

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I am considering buying the Access low profile roll up. How long did it take to install and what issues did the bed divider rails present?
Took me about 15 mins to install The cover pretty easy. I used spring loaded clamps to hold the tonneau cover rails where I wanted it before I clamped it. As far as the rails being in the way I just had to move clamps in a different spot for the bed divider rails. Tight fit but works. No leaks with the cover.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took me about 15 mins to install The cover pretty easy. I used spring loaded clamps to hold the tonneau cover rails where I wanted it before I clamped it. As far as the rails being in the way I just had to move clamps in a different spot for the bed divider rails. Tight fit but works. No leaks with the cover.
Great thank you. Is the model you got called the Vanish?

NimbusRam

Reaction score
Bringing back an older thread.
I have a newly purchased 2020 Limited Crew Cab with a 5'7" bed.
I also have the Bed utility rails and the Cargo Bed Divider.

Are there any other options for folding hard tonneau covers
that will work with the Mopar Bad Divider?
I have read that the Mopar tri-fold hard cover is a Bakflip G2 made for Mopar but still unsure if it would work.
Thanks.

Last edited:

NimbusRam

Reaction score
Thank you for your follow up.
I wish Mopar spent a little more time in designing this to make it more solid and confirmed with many types of covers.
I'll look into the mod but it seems fairly simple to relocate the holes about 1/2". Did you lose the functionality of the moveable rail tie downs?

pcripley2

Reaction score
I've been going through the searches on this topic but can't find a definitive answer. The question is simple enough - which tonneau options will actually work with the Mopar Bed Divider option fitted.
It's well documented that the Mopar bed divider is less than optimal and hinders access to the bed tie down rails by introducing it's own set of rails over and above those that are available as part of the BUG (or separately). I can say that the Gator ETX soft trifold cover that I have on the truck, while excellent value for money (and looks good) isn't compatible due to the rearmost clamps operating vertically - this appears to be addressed with the Gator Pro Trifold (which seem to operate horizontally - perhaps someone can confirm).

Anyway - to the question, does anyone with the Mopar divider fitted have a tonneau as well (hard or soft) - I am looking for some alternatives. Thanks!
Diamondback hd cover

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you for your follow up.
I wish Mopar spent a little more time in designing this to make it more solid and confirmed with many types of covers.
I'll look into the mod but it seems fairly simple to relocate the holes about 1/2". Did you lose the functionality of the moveable rail tie downs?
The tie-downs are obviously closer to the rail, I have only had a couple things on the lighter side back there since I did the mod, and bungees worked fine. I haven't taken the opportunity to secure anything with ropes so it might be different then

Users who are viewing this thread