5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Tonneau covers will actually work with Regular (Non-Rambox) Bed AND Mopar Bed Divider?

DJR2019RAM

Reaction score
I've been going through the searches on this topic but can't find a definitive answer. The question is simple enough - which tonneau options will actually work with the Mopar Bed Divider option fitted.
It's well documented that the Mopar bed divider is less than optimal and hinders access to the bed tie down rails by introducing it's own set of rails over and above those that are available as part of the BUG (or separately). I can say that the Gator ETX soft trifold cover that I have on the truck, while excellent value for money (and looks good) isn't compatible due to the rearmost clamps operating vertically - this appears to be addressed with the Gator Pro Trifold (which seem to operate horizontally - perhaps someone can confirm).

Anyway - to the question, does anyone with the Mopar divider fitted have a tonneau as well (hard or soft) - I am looking for some alternatives. Thanks!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been going through the searches on this topic but can't find a definitive answer. The question is simple enough - which tonneau options will actually work with the Mopar Bed Divider option fitted.
It's well documented that the Mopar bed divider is less than optimal and hinders access to the bed tie down rails by introducing it's own set of rails over and above those that are available as part of the BUG (or separately). I can say that the Gator ETX soft trifold cover that I have on the truck, while excellent value for money (and looks good) isn't compatible due to the rearmost clamps operating vertically - this appears to be addressed with the Gator Pro Trifold (which seem to operate horizontally - perhaps someone can confirm).

Anyway - to the question, does anyone with the Mopar divider fitted have a tonneau as well (hard or soft) - I am looking for some alternatives. Thanks!
I have the Mopar divider and the Mopar factory soft tri fold cover. The rear clamps are a bit of a pain to get at but it works fine.

DonB718

Reaction score

I’m installing the Mopar bed divider today and have a 2019 Limited with mopar tri-fold cover. I can already see that the tonneau cover hold downs ( nearest the tailgate ) won’t close with the divider rails installed. I’m only into this about 30 minutes but this could get interesting.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m installing the Mopar bed divider today and have a 2019 Limited with mopar tri-fold cover. I can already see that the tonneau cover hold downs ( nearest the tailgate ) won’t close with the divider rails installed. I’m only into this about 30 minutes but this could get interesting.
The factory cover and factory bed divider work together with some difficulty

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lomax hard fold works great with bed divider. I have both. I ditched the mopar soft fold for it.
Which Lomax do you have and how difficult was the install with the divider? I have the BUG and divider and want to go with a hard cover that works with everything. Any help is appreciated.

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
I have the Mopar divider and the Mopar factory soft tri fold cover. The rear clamps are a bit of a pain to get at but it works fine.

Did you have to cut the toggle bolts shorter to make them work? I can’t get them to work with the rail of the bed divider in the way.

Rebelyen76

Reaction score

DonB718, how did you get your Tri-fold rear bolt downs to work with the bed-divider rails in the way?

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I have the access low profile tonneau cover. Tight fit on installation but it works great nothing gets in the way of the functionality of the tonneau cover or the bed divider.

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
I have the access low profile tonneau cover. Tight fit on installation but it works great nothing gets in the way of the functionality of the tonneau cover or the bed divider.

Can you take a picture of the cover bolt in the locked position? My bolt is too long.

Rebelyen76

Reaction score

What did you do about the front spring loaded clamps. There is no way to hook them on with the bed divider rail in the way.

kipeharris

Reaction score
I ordered my lomax yesterday from Luke at truckalterations.com for $675 out the door and it should be arriving via Fed-Ex Today. Is everyone still satisfied with their cover?

Any installation tips or problems I should know about? It sounds like it is pretty simple..... Have you modded it in anyway?

Luke at Truck Alterations 828-926-4416 quoted me below (All prices are OTD with free shipping and no sales tax in TX):

Lomax $675
MX4 $820
BAK F1 $870

Thoughts?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did you do about the front spring loaded clamps. There is no way to hook them on with the bed divider rail in the way.
Not quite sure I understand what you mean. Are you referring to the soft cover with the clamps at front and rear?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am considering buying the Access low profile roll up. How long did it take to install and what issues did the bed divider rails present?

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
Not quite sure I understand what you mean. Are you referring to the soft cover with the clamps at front and rear?

Mopar soft tri-fold. I took off the plastic wingnuts at the cab side and replaced with a nylon lock but. The end of the bed is another problem. The spring loaded handles will not get around the bed divider rail to clip on. And they are. It long enough to clip onto the bed divider rail.

I spoke to Truck Hero, who makes the Tri-Fold (hard version) and they say it won’t work with bed divider. I don’t understand Chrysler or Mopar for. It working this out and not telling its consumer base that they are not compatible or engineering the divider or cover so they are compatible.

I may just return the bed divider and find another solution to keeping items separate in the bed.

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
I am considering buying the Access low profile roll up. How long did it take to install and what issues did the bed divider rails present?

Are you referring to the Mopar soft Tri-Fold cover and the newer version of the bed divider that slides up and down on the bed rails?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Mopar soft Tri-Fold cover and the newer version of the bed divider that slides up and down on the bed rails?
I had the Mopar soft tri fold on that came with the truck and I installed the Mopar bed divider. It worked but you had to finagle the rear clamps to get them open. I would have to open each clamp then pull up a bit on the rear corner to get the hook portion out from under the bed rail. It definitely works together just takes a bit of care when opening and closing the clamps. I now have the Mopar hard cover which I am returning to the dealer. I love the functionality and look but it leaks like crazy and the dealer can’t seem to get it adjusted right. I’m not happy that I can’t keep things in the bed that can’t get wet. Mine leaks very badly in the front corners, rear corners and over the wheel wells. Not at all worth $1050.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the Mopar soft tri fold on that came with the truck and I installed the Mopar bed divider. It worked but you had to finagle the rear clamps to get them open. I would have to open each clamp then pull up a bit on the rear corner to get the hook portion out from under the bed rail. It definitely works together just takes a bit of care when opening and closing the clamps. I now have the Mopar hard cover which I am returning to the dealer. I love the functionality and look but it leaks like crazy and the dealer can’t seem to get it adjusted right. I’m not happy that I can’t keep things in the bed that can’t get wet. Mine leaks very badly in the front corners, rear corners and over the wheel wells. Not at all worth $1050.
Btw, I really like the bed divider and use it a lot. It’s a poor design however. I don’t understand why Mopar couldn’t get it designed where it utilizes the existing bed rails without adding an additional rail. Really stupid but I plan to keep it in my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online