5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do???

mx1alex

Reaction score
I have the '19 Limited (air ride) with 22" OEM wheels. Tires are pushing 25k miles.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a smaller diameter wheel so that I can get more sidewall. I just prefer more sidewall for an offroad tire.... and the tires are cheaper. I've had a few sets of Nittos in the past and looking at putting those on my current wheels was gonna push $2k. I've even considered trading the whole truck in for a new one but I need to sit down and do the math and see if that makes sense.

What's the best way to sell the wheels/tires that I have now???

I'll admit I'm a half-wit when it comes to tires, wheels, offsets, etc.... but what should I be looking for in new wheels? I don't want them sticking out much if any further than the ones I have now do.

I'm located in Mid-Missouri if anyone is interested in my wheels.

1594228458286.png

Last edited:

bryan28

Reaction score
The factory tires with 25k miles aren't going to be worth anything IMO. If the wheels are in good condition you might find someone willing to trade for their 20s. I'm not sure how much to sell them for but they're only worth what someone will give for them. Check around and see what others are asking for theirs and beat their price by a little.

As far as tire width, the factory wheels on mine are 20x9 with a +19mm offset I believe. So stick with something close to that if you don't want them sticking out further.

The negative offset pushes the wheels out further and the positive offset draws them under the fenders more. Probably around a zero offset would put the wheels/tires flush with the fender flares.

Check out the galleries on customwheeloffsets.com to get some ideas.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with a 305 / 45 / 22 and love them. They are a half inch more rubber height and width so they protect the rims from curb bumps better. Truck is now a half inch taller.

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Op maybe post where you are located as that would go a long way towards folks being able to assist you. You may even find someone close to you who maybe willing to let you try the look of their tire onto your truck. :)

mx1alex

Reaction score
Op maybe post where you are located as that would go a long way towards folks being able to assist you. You may even find someone close to you who maybe willing to let you try the look of their tire onto your truck. :)
Thanks - I edited my post to include that I'm located in mid-MO.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
22’s are for a certain look... 20’s will give 1” more sidewall top and bottom. If you go to a P rated 275/60/20 (33x11) you’ll add another .5 top and bottom and increase fuel economy due to lighter weight. If you go to a 285/60/20 it’s a 33.5” tire (33.5x11.5) (ridge Grapplers run a little bigger at 33.7x11.5). You’ll add almost 2”s of rubber top and bottom over your factory 22’s.

If you want to maintain a somewhat factory look look for an offset between 19+ and zero. Try not to get a wheel wider than 20X9.5. Black rhino wheels and fuel wheels are excellent choices. Take a look at their websites.

The only opinion I would add is likely by having more rubber the ride quality would be better than the 22’s even with the E rated 10 ply tires.

As far as selling them they will only fit 2019 and 20 1500s. I’ve sold several sets of wheels on craigslist and Facebook marketplace.

mx1alex

Reaction score
22’s are for a certain look... 20’s will give 1” more sidewall top and bottom. If you go to a P rated 275/60/20 (33x11) you’ll add another .5 top and bottom and increase fuel economy due to lighter weight. If you go to a 285/60/20 it’s a 33.5” tire (33.5x11.5) (ridge Grapplers run a little bigger at 33.7x11.5). You’ll add almost 2”s of rubber top and bottom over your factory 22’s.

If you want to maintain a somewhat factory look look for an offset between 19+ and zero. Try not to get a wheel wider than 20X9.5. Black rhino wheels and fuel wheels are excellent choices. Take a look at their websites.

The only opinion I would add is likely by having more rubber the ride quality would be better than the 22’s even with the E rated 10 ply tires.

As far as selling them they will only fit 2019 and 20 1500s. I’ve sold several sets of wheels on craigslist and Facebook marketplace.
Appreciate the info! I'll probably be looking at 8 or 10 ply tires.

Users who are viewing this thread