5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What tire pressure do you run for Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain A/T tire? pressure

Jackdanielip

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I decided to upgrade the tires on my 2019 Ram 1500 to make it more snow worthy as I'm going to spend a lot of time in the mountains this winter. I went to discount tires and I ended up purchasing a set of Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain A/T tires sized 275/65/R18 as I got a good deal. When they were installed, they inflated the tires to 55 as they said that was the correct pressure as the tire is E rated with a Max PSI of 80. However, I've noticed the ride is pretty rough and it has some serious squirming issues. When I change lanes I noticed that if I got a dip where the dotted lines are or I hit too many reflectors the truck would swerve side to side quite a bit. I thought it may be because the tire pressure was too high so I tried deflating to 50 which did help some, but it's still pretty prominent. Just checking to see what PSI you guys are running at and see if you are having the same problem.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless you are haulin a big *** trailer, or a bed full a gravel, run 42 F and 40 R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok awesome, so it was just inflated way too much. Thanks a lot!

Ran my Toyo 35” E Loads at that, and they wore even, rode great, and I got 50k out of em …. Just my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I decided to upgrade the tires on my 2019 Ram 1500 to make it more snow worthy as I'm going to spend a lot of time in the mountains this winter. I went to discount tires and I ended up purchasing a set of Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain A/T tires sized 275/65/R18 as I got a good deal. When they were installed, they inflated the tires to 55 as they said that was the correct pressure as the tire is E rated with a Max PSI of 80. However, I've noticed the ride is pretty rough and it has some serious squirming issues. When I change lanes I noticed that if I got a dip where the dotted lines are or I hit too many reflectors the truck would swerve side to side quite a bit. I thought it may be because the tire pressure was too high so I tried deflating to 50 which did help some, but it's still pretty prominent. Just checking to see what PSI you guys are running at and see if you are having the same problem.

DuckDuckGo - chalk test tires

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have my E rated at 36 front and 32 rear when empty. Started with 45 psi all around but had zero tire deflection, traction was lacking and the center line of the tires were wearing quickly. It will take a little trial and error to dial in the right psi

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/