5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the heck is going on with these trim levels and packages

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a bit of a rant...I posted a question earlier about folding mirrors on Big Horns which got me looking at other trims. Its a confusing process when the website is not accurate. I would like to get a 1500 with the advanced safety options, BSM, and folding mirrors without spending the $$ in Limited trim, but can't figure out what to order or if it is even an option. Using the Trim Comparison tool on Rams build site I see that the lower trim Big Horn can be ordered with the Level 1 safety group, which included Ped Safety, Lane Keep Assist and Emergency braking but no Adaptive CC or BSM, which I would have though would be included. I see no options for any of that in the Laramie, which is the higher trim. It does not seem to be included as standard either. I believe some of this, or maybe all of it, is due to the supply shortage. I have seen in the past that all that could have been spec'd on both trims. Seems like if I commit and spend the money to special order it will be a bit of a crap shoot if I get what I think I am ordering.

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
This is a bit of a rant...I posted a question earlier about folding mirrors on Big Horns which got me looking at other trims. Its a confusing process when the website is not accurate. I would like to get a 1500 with the advanced safety options, BSM, and folding mirrors without spending the $$ in Limited trim, but can't figure out what to order or if it is even an option. Using the Trim Comparison tool on Rams build site I see that the lower trim Big Horn can be ordered with the Level 1 safety group, which included Ped Safety, Lane Keep Assist and Emergency braking but no Adaptive CC or BSM, which I would have though would be included. I see no options for any of that in the Laramie, which is the higher trim. It does not seem to be included as standard either. I believe some of this, or maybe all of it, is due to the supply shortage. I have seen in the past that all that could have been spec'd on both trims. Seems like if I commit and spend the money to special order it will be a bit of a crap shoot if I get what I think I am ordering.
impossible to get "advanced safety group and BSM" without ordering the limited or Rebel packages. they have done away with them because of the chip shortages this last year... probably be a few years before they offer it again i imagine. folding mirrors are on laramie level and up.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I know the answer, but on a Big Horn my dealer allowed me to check off BSM on the order form. You think that will get kicked back if I place an order, or sit on a list forever waiting?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can get BSM, lane sense and and what not on the big horn. Cant get adaptive cruise. You can also get led lighting, heads ups display on them. Go to a dealer have them spec it out. There are more options on the ordering page than the website.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All the current options on Big Horn to order.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220112-185028_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220112-185028_Chrome.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 51

tolh13

Reaction score
I don't think you can get level 1 or 2 equipment group it now A and B (no power fold mirrors)

Users who are viewing this thread