5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What states are California emission specs?

mophead

Reaction score
I know Maryland is. I've been looking at Pa. trucks and wondering if they do? What about Louisiana (Mark Dodge orders) and the rest? Anyone know if there is a marked difference in performance or fuel mileage?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As far as I know 13 states are part of CARB (1 more joining next year), but pretty much all vehicles are built to CARB spec since it's cheaper to build to one spec. There shouldn't be a performance difference at all regardless of state. Though there are likely a few models that are not 50-state, its not the RAM 1500.

However, the 13 states currently active for reference are....

- California
- New York
- Massachusetts
- Vermont
- Maine
- Pennsylvania
- Connecticut
- Rhode Island
- Washington
- Oregon
- New Jersey
- Maryland
- Delware
- Colorado (Joining in 2022)

mophead

Reaction score
Thanks SD Rebel and piening2150
. prolly could've found it myself if I could've remembered CARB. You're likely right as to one spec. There was a major difference for some brands years ago when it was first adopted in Maryland.

One less thing...

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure about the V6, but the Hemi’s are 50 state compliant. It lists “50 State Emissions” on the build sheets.

Users who are viewing this thread