5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What splash guards (mud flaps) will work?

mac1983620

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel with the factory fender flares. Will the Mopar splash guards made for factory fender flares work with the Rebel, or is it only for non-Rebel models with factory fender flares? Or do you guys have any links to something that will work?

41magmag41

Reaction score
I went with weathertech all the way around. Fit is perfect and I had all four installed in less than 15 mins,

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel with the factory fender flares. Will the Mopar splash guards made for factory fender flares work with the Rebel, or is it only for non-Rebel models with factory fender flares? Or do you guys have any links to something that will work?
This has been discussed a bunch (with pictures) in old threads, but the Mopar splash guards probably look better on the Rebel than any other trim (due to color match of the plastic). I went with WeatherTechs on my Longhorn.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I went with the Husky mud flaps and they look great. I’ll post a pic later if you’d like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mac1983620

Reaction score
This has been discussed a bunch (with pictures) in old threads, but the Mopar splash guards probably look better on the Rebel than any other trim (due to color match of the plastic). I went with WeatherTechs on my Longhorn.
Do you know a part number? Do all the Mopar for factory fender flares work between the different truck models? I have searched a little already.

Sullyman

Reaction score
Mopar part numbers I used when ordering mudguards for my 2019 Ram Rebel are 82215488AB [front pair] and 82215489AB [rear pair]. Rear pair has RAM embossed in the mudguards. Just got them so I still have to install with fasteners. I test fitted them and they follow contours of truck and fender flares perfectly. Fastener holes on Mopar mudguards match up with existing fasteners on truck however new mudguards have and addition fastener hole on the bottom of them that requires you to drill a hole into the bottom of the factory installed plastic trim that is already on the truck. This is covered in the mudguard installation instructions that come with the mudguards. Mudguards also come with plastic type rivets to be used in the required drilled holes. Hope this helps.

mac1983620

Reaction score
So the fender flares are the same on all models I'm assuming, just different colors?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All of those will work, including the Mopar. The only difference with the Rebel is the fender flares are black plastic instead of painted, the size is the same so all mud flaps for 1500 with flares will fit fine.

Personally I would get the Husky flaps. They are longer than both WeatherTech and Mopar for better protection and honestly think they are the best looking for the Rebel. They also don't ride up on the fender flare as much, reducing the chance of scuffing up the flare. They also have the most basic and secure mounting setup.

Note I only installed the fronts to help prevent rock chips thrown from the front tire hitting the rear quarter. I also now have the factory running boards to aid in rock protection, works great with the Husky flaps.

Flap 1.jpg Flap 2.jpg

Last edited:

mac1983620

Reaction score
All of those will work, including the Mopar. The only difference with the Rebel is the fender flares are black plastic instead of painted, the size is the same so all mud flaps for 1500 with flares will fit fine.

Personally I would get the Husky flaps. They are longer than both WeatherTech and Mopar for better protection and honestly think they are the best looking for the Rebel. They also don't ride up on the fender flare as much, reducing the chance of scuffing up the flare. They also have the most basic and secure mounting setup.

Note I only installed the fronts to help prevent rock chips thrown from the front tire hitting the rear quarter. I also now have the factory running boards to aid in rock protection, works great with the Husky flaps.

View attachment 35946 View attachment 35947
those are a better length than the Mopar. Do you have the part numbers for those?

Users who are viewing this thread