5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What size wheel locks for a Rebel

SacRebel

Reaction score
There's been a rash of rim thefts in the area so I'd like to throw on a set of wheel locks. Does anyone know the thread size?

Toothninja

Reaction score
Has anyone actually gone through with putting more than one kind of wheel lock on their rims?? I was thinking about this the other day as rims and tires could add up very fast cost wise, but if you threw on two different sets of wheel locks, you’d be much less likely to have them stolen! Or go crazy and put on six different sets! Lol!! Sorry to hijack your thread! Btw-The ones that RichT put up from amazon look great to me.

Fairtrade87

Reaction score
Has anyone actually gone through with putting more than one kind of wheel lock on their rims?? I was thinking about this the other day as rims and tires could add up very fast cost wise, but if you threw on two different sets of wheel locks, you’d be much less likely to have them stolen! Or go crazy and put on six different sets! Lol!! Sorry to hijack your thread! Btw-The ones that RichT put up from amazon look great to me.
I installed 2 sets of McGard Wheel Locks On each wheel. I bought one set from eBay and the other from Amazon
I was miffed after installation due to both wheel lock sets I bought use the same pattern/lock design even though they both have totally different lock serial codes. I called up Mcgard and they noted that they do recycle the patterns so It must be luck of the draw for me. They also stated for liability reasons, that only one set should be installed per vehicle. I have had 2 sets installed for a few months with no issues
d5e7ddd844482a60db4c58e674d2abb4.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Speaking of wheel locks, I bought a set of advanced wheel locks after reading about them and they are very well made and definitely seem like they would prevent/significantly deter theft. I will make a post about them separate as well.

Attachments

• 9A72669E-8FA0-48A8-A2F4-B5124E5B2306.jpeg
    9A72669E-8FA0-48A8-A2F4-B5124E5B2306.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 30
  • AFF5DA60-A9B7-44DC-B4A3-F7620ACC824D.jpeg
    AFF5DA60-A9B7-44DC-B4A3-F7620ACC824D.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 29
  • A1033CD5-92BC-4244-AC48-57150192BDEC.jpeg
    A1033CD5-92BC-4244-AC48-57150192BDEC.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 31

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's Rebel came with Mopar wheel locks? Thought it was standard.
I got em too... listed on window sticker as add-on though.

BTW, mine dont seat all the way down the threads - do yours? It bugs me to see lug threads.

GARebel19

Reaction score
I just took a look at mine and they do seat all the way down. They have a couple lines in the design of the lug near that end. Is that what you are looking at? And I just checked my window sticker and I don't see them listed on there.

DesertRebel

Reaction score
I just took a look at mine and they do seat all the way down. They have a couple lines in the design of the lug near that end. Is that what you are looking at? And I just checked my window sticker and I don't see them listed on there.

ETA: okay, I'm a complete idiot! After initially posting this (now edited), you got me thinking GaRebel19... I just took a flashlight and gave a closer look- and I'll be damned, you're right - they are design lines.

Dumbest I've been in a long time. :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread