5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should I pay for a longhorn or limited

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have to amend this as I just closed the deal. Out the door was $55k. The model I chose had air suspension, full pano sunroof, etorque, RamBoxes and the rail system. The $49k was the one without this. The 3.92 also shows its face on the highway. I'm struggling to even reach 17mpg and I'm babying this thing. Not happy at all with the economy after 2 days of driving it.
55K is a pretty decent out the door for all those options. I pd more for less last April.
The forum has several (lots) of gas mileage threads and plenty of 3.92 owners with fuelly. Many are not getting 17 so don't feel too badly. It's a heavy truck and it's a hemi, which is not known for gas mileage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to amend this as I just closed the deal. Out the door was $55k. The model I chose had air suspension, full pano sunroof, etorque, RamBoxes and the rail system. The $49k was the one without this. The 3.92 also shows its face on the highway. I'm struggling to even reach 17mpg and I'm babying this thing. Not happy at all with the economy after 2 days of driving it.

LOL, you wont see any real fuel economy until you reach the 3000-3500 mile mark. just drive it, then expect 13-17 mpg with those weighted options. search and you will see.
also, dont baby a new truck.

Imp0ster

Reaction score
Welp.... Using an old trick from my 300c and my Grand Cherokee, I reset the ECU by unhooking the battery and letting it sit an hour. Normally you pull fuse 19 in the 300 but I didn't have anything set yet and didn't want to go looking. The ECMs in the newer hemi vehicles learn how you drive or some crap and if you decide to change your driving style it does good to reset the ecm. I'm very happy with this.

I'll be mirror polishing the 20s here this weekend and I guess I'll do a write up on it. They're good looking rims but can do much better with some work

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_105540.jpg
    IMG_20200303_105540.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 13

GearHeadJoe

Reaction score
Your truck sounds very nice.. TBH not that much better with 3.21s. I don't drive mine daily so I do not care about mileage. I think I avg. 12 or less from City driving. Hey its better than my Big Block Elcamino with 3.73s I get like 8mpg ..avg haha. Oh and I have a BIGHorn nothing fancy like you lucky bros above .MSRP was like 46K but I walked out last customer of the night made the Gen Manager cry and leave for the day...war of attrition :) OTD under 30k

Imp0ster

Reaction score
Your truck sounds very nice.. TBH not that much better with 3.21s. I don't drive mine daily so I do not care about mileage. I think I avg. 12 or less from City driving. Hey its better than my Big Block Elcamino with 3.73s I get like 8mpg ..avg haha. Oh and I have a BIGHorn nothing fancy like you lucky bros above .MSRP was like 46K but I walked out last customer of the night made the Gen Manager cry and leave for the day...war of attrition :) OTD under 30k

I can do you one better. My 19 RXT-X will drain its entire 18 gallon tank of 93 in about 1.5hrs of hard playing in the inter-coastal. It get annoying when the gas station people are on a first name basis with you. I'll take 20mpg with this new Ram all day everyday. I'm very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread