5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What rear seat cover are you buying?

tom318

Reaction score
Curious what people here have purchased and their opinion. Looking for a cover for the rear seat. Would be nice to retain the 60/40 split but that’s not a requirement. Main reason is protect the seats from kids car seats and all the crap they spill. Right now leaning towards the weathertech since it seams to have a decent fit and even though it is $$$, it’s cheaper than some of the others out there. Is the extra $$$ worth it for some that I see on covercraft? Nice waterproof one is $250! I’ll spend that but I need to be very confident it’s good.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
I have the Weathertech. With 2 carsick dogs (don’t even make it out of our short street) it’s been a life saver. Goes in the washer, and the dryer on low heat. There are 3 rolls that go in the crack between the seat and the back to keep the cover in place.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
I have an old one from Duluth Trading. It's not designed for the Ram (it's generic fit), but fits well enough. Not sure if they still sell them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

tom318

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, may end up going with the weathertech. Looks like a decent fit and the pride isn’t to hateful.

Marqiiz

Reaction score
Check out Precision Fit. Their seat covers fit like a glove. I had them in my Tacoma.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same issue so we purchased the Plush Paws Cargo Liner XL to cover the seat in any configuration. It hooks to the head rests and drapes down over the seat and also covers the floor. Or, I can fold the seat up on which case it covers the entire bottom of the folded seat and allows for me to double it up on floor area. Optionally, if hauling humans, I can remove it in less then twenty seconds, fold it up and tuck it under the seat.

It is waterproof, has rubber grippers on the bottom that don’t harm the upholstery but keeps it in place very well. This thing is durable and washable. I purchased the XL in black for $109 from Amazon.

Attachments

• 6DE46351-E11E-485A-8621-36A11AB7A507.jpeg
    6DE46351-E11E-485A-8621-36A11AB7A507.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 13
  • EBC3E3A8-7B93-4E0C-A93E-A165F6C500F2.jpeg
    EBC3E3A8-7B93-4E0C-A93E-A165F6C500F2.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 12
  • B51FBADB-D3EF-4B93-9BC5-CFAD9238E56F.jpeg
    B51FBADB-D3EF-4B93-9BC5-CFAD9238E56F.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 12

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went ahead and bought that Amazon one. Fits great, could be 2" wider, but it has flaps that cover the sides. The Weathertech one looks great, but for $120 cheaper I'm fine with it.

Attachments

• seats1.jpg
    seats1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 158
  • seats2.jpg
    seats2.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 158

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a generic fit Duluth Trading Company cover on my rear seat that works but it is definetly not formed to the seats and doesn't keep the 60/40. I have the covercraft carhartt gray covers on my front seats and moved them over from my 2014 ram - they fit like a glove, clean-up in the washing machine and look awesome so I assume the rear seats would be awesome too but they are $$$.

tom318

Reaction score
Went ahead and bought that Amazon one. Fits great, could be 2" wider, but it has flaps that cover the sides. The Weathertech one looks great, but for $120 cheaper I'm fine with it.
That looks pretty good and saving some $$ always sounds good.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok I want to update this after having it for a while. The zippers for the center cup holder are not coated so it's just metal on metal. If you run the bass at all they vibrate like crazy against each other. Might not happen with the higher end covers, but my solution was just some heat shrink tubing over the zipper handles. Solved in less than 5 minutes.

It's also held up great against multiple spills and dog claws sitting on the middle between the car seats.

RobbieDigital

Reaction score
Ok I want to update this after having it for a while. The zippers for the center cup holder are not coated so it's just metal on metal. If you run the bass at all they vibrate like crazy against each other. Might not happen with the higher end covers, but my solution was just some heat shrink tubing over the zipper handles. Solved in less than 5 minutes.

It's also held up great against multiple spills and dog claws sitting on the middle between the car seats.
Can you link the one you bought? I just got a crew cab and I’ve got two little kids that love to destroy interiors as quick as they can

tom318

Reaction score
I was going to go with one of the cheaper options and against my better judgement my wife suggested spending the extra $$ to get the cover craft ones. I ordered early November, finally received mid December. Turns out I ordered the wrong ones (my fault, should have called), didn't work with my center fold down seat. Personally I didn't care but after spending ~$200 for the rear cover I figured I should at least try to get the right ones even though the ones I got served my purpose for the kids. So.....long story short, I'm still without seat covers but waterproof polyester covers from them were nice and I hope to have them one day...website and customer service is a bit weak.

Images are of the waterproof polyester cover craft seat savers. These have since been returned but honestly should have just kept them.
IMG_5261.jpg IMG_5259.jpg IMG_5258.jpg

Apettit13

Reaction score
Haven’t received yet but I ordered the cover craft Precision fit Carhartt covers. Took the leap even though they’re like $350, I’ll let you know how they fit and feel!

sandman98

Reaction score
Kurgo Extended Width Dog Bench Seat Cover. Fairly dense polyester material--waterproof and seems quite durable. Fits our rear bench seats perfectly. Attaches around the headrests, two anchors to sit between the seat and seat back, and drawcords to hold snug under the seats. Holes to bring seat belts through--perfect for our seatbelt tether for our Lab pup. Best of all--under $50. Only downside is it's not available in black--Only charcoal or tan.

tom318

Reaction score
Finally got the correct cover craft seat savers installed. Waterproof polyester. Feel solid and I’m overall impressed with the fit. They just came out of the box so still a little wrinkled. I’m hoping that will improve and I’ll adjust straps as needed. 1225EEEE-4CB8-4C35-AA57-E96AA3CCFD1C.jpeg 7B3F0FB5-2DD6-45B5-A45A-BFC21A5B4709.jpeg

DirtRoadRam

Reaction score
OP, a little late to the party here, and I see you've already got a nice setup with the cover crafts! Definitely post some follow up pics if the fit snugs up a bit after the wrinkles relax out. Just figured I'd throw my 2¢ out there for anyone else curious as well though. I received the WeatherTech rear seat cover as a Christmas gift and have since used it several times for my 2 German Shepherd kids (they love going for rides 😁). Super durable and quick to install/remove (I don't leave it back there when the pups aren't with me). Have yet to wash it, though I believe someone above me posted that they have washed and dried it with good results. I would expect nothing less from WT, always been satisfied with their stuff 👍🏻 Had I not received it as a gift, I would have bought it for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread