5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What point do you call your truck a lemon?

Reaction score
So a little back story I have a 2020 Rebel e torque I bought back in November my first brand new truck and my first Ram. The truck currently has 7300 miles on it and I love a lot about the truck but I’ve also had several issues. It first started with the truck hesitating to start almost like it wasn’t getting enough fuel to start the engine. I sat on it for about 5,000 miles because it was very inconsistent first time it went in they told me it was a leaking injector so they replaced it. Went back a few weeks later with the same problem then they said it was a fuel pump module had that replaced last week so we’ll see how that goes. Next up was the leaking third break light no issues after it was replaced. Now my truck is in the shop for a service stop/start and electronic parking brake warning light that comes on every time now. Apparently they replaced some actuator and the lights are still on. So at what point do you just say it’s a lemon and ditch the truck? Attached is a video on the starting issue and the lights on in case anyone else is having similar issues. I’ve had Ram cares open a case over the starting issue and I guess I have one on the lights now but have had no contact with them unlike the first time. Side note kinda strange both the Ram cares people I’ve been assigned had the same name.

95d157c96e920d25b070d83888df700b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nburd

Reaction score
There are a couple TSBs the dealer should use for the issues. 1 for the leak (which is fixed) and 1 for the hard starting. Sorry to hear you are having issues. I only have 800 miles so I cannot comment. My son has A 20 Warlock with 5000 miles and no issues. Certainly look into lemon law if you are not satisfied but they have specific requirements for time without truck (30 days) And typically 3 times for the same repair. Hopefully the dealer hears your dissatisfaction and steps up. Maybe a Friday or Monday built truck.
44D3F904-1294-4D3E-A432-7FDE6E9F8D8D.png 7C6C8B92-22FA-41E9-81AC-53E2B332A15B.png

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
as long as they keep fixing problems that come up under warranty, and as long as they are DIFFERENT problems...you are stuck with the vehicle I'm afraid. Lemon law is pretty hard to employ.

Kooch80

Reaction score
if you mean lemon as in lemon law then it is dependent on your states laws. if you are talking about getting rid of the truck because you are tired of the problems that are coming up then that is very subjective. from the sounds of it your dealer has been good about taking care of the problems. that is commonly a bigger problem, not having the dealer take care of you when there is a problem.

rlc2020

Reaction score
every state is different. In CT, 4 times in service for the same issue is enough. If it's an obvious safety issue they will be forced to buy back, if it's not a safety issue they will settle. I just settled with FCA over the bluetooth issue in my truck. I had a subaru forester with a defect in the stability control system that they were forced to buy back.

My advice, get a lemon law lawyer. It doesn't cost anything up front and the companies will definately take you seriously as they have to pay your legal fees if it goes to court. I used a lawyer both times and it was worth the 30% cut that they take IMO.

Reaction score
I’d say my dealership is sub par. I’ve set up an appointment to have a part installed that they had and the truck sat there for three days with no one touching it and them not being able to tell me when they would get to it. I’ve had them also tell me that “ appointments are only a time when I can talk to them not actually get my truck fixed” for the fuel pump module that I was told was there by 3 people a part that takes only a few hours to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spn129

Reaction score
My truck is in the shop right now for the no start issue. Sometimes it tries to crank until it times out, then starts up as soon as I push the button again. First shop I took it to said “there’s nothing we can do, because there’s no code”. Now, it’s at another dealer who said it would be 2 weeks before they even look at it. So, you aren’t the only one

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck is in the shop right now for the no start issue. Sometimes it tries to crank until it times out, then starts up as soon as I push the button again. First shop I took it to said “there’s nothing we can do, because there’s no code”. Now, it’s at another dealer who said it would be 2 weeks before they even look at it. So, you aren’t the only one

I am deeply sorry for the trouble, @Spn129. Please do not hesitate to follow up with our customer care team for further support as you work with your dealer. You may call in at 866-726-4636 or submit your info here to receive an email follow up. https://bit.ly/3fy5Kfo

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread