5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What part to pull for non nav to nav swap

Beegle19

Reaction score
I currently have a Laramie level 1 with the 8.4 non nav unit. I have thr opportunity to go to a scrap yard to get and 8.4 with nav.

Besides the screen and bezel. What else do I need to take? I know there's a nav module, but I'm unsure of what it looks like.

Anything else I should take? Can the SOS call out buttons in the upper console be moved over?

While I'm there I'm also getting the full length center console, rear underseat storage bin too.

chopped54

Reaction score
How much are you paying for the junk yard 8.4?
You can get your current one flashed to include the Nav from the dealership.
As far as an external nav box/module there is not one on the 8.4, it is self contained. You will need the antenna but may be easier to buy one vs pull that one.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need the whole bezel you need the cable that connects the module to the screen and the module and you dont need an antenna Ince it uses the SAT antenna

Hackmunch

Reaction score
How much are you paying for the junk yard 8.4?
You can get your current one flashed to include the Nav from the dealership.
As far as an external nav box/module there is not one on the 8.4, it is self contained. You will need the antenna but may be easier to buy one vs pull that one.
you can not flash non nav to nav. 2 totally diff units

Users who are viewing this thread