5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What lights should be on as daytime running lights?

Pwsiii

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited eco diesel. During day when lights are off what lights are supposed to be on as daytime running lights. My top and bottom horizontal leds light strips are illuminated but also my led low beams are also always on. Is this right?

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
It confused me at first too. The daytime running lights are the low beam led’s. If u turn off daytime running lights in the uconnect system, only the upper and lower led’s will be lit up. I like the look of that a lot better and with the fog lights on as well, especially on a cloudy or rainy day.

zlman

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I went into my settings and turned DRL off. I agree, looks better!

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My DT TASER allowed me to choose which lights were the DRLs if I remember from that many months ago :)

I'd have to pull out my tablet and hook it back up to see what the settings are. Unfortunately, they are having us start full work weeks Monday (I'll miss my 2-on 2-off schedule).

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My DT TASER allowed me to choose which lights were the DRLs if I remember from that many months ago :)

I'd have to pull out my tablet and hook it back up to see what the settings are. Unfortunately, they are having us start full work weeks Monday (I'll miss my 2-on 2-off schedule).

Curious what you find out. I’d absolutely love to run my amber turn LEDs (on Laramie) as DRL instead of the dim white LED strips.

I’ve been contemplating how to accomplish this already... without tearing apart my headlight assemblies.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Set DRL Location : Choose which lights to use as DRL’s (results vary with vehicle model) – Dedicated
DRL, SRT DRL’s, Turns, Fogs, Hi beams or Low beams.

My rig has the LED package, so I know mine had different values compared to another users' rig.

haven't run out to hook up my tablet to reset programming, just remembered seeing that in the user manual .. As I was pressing buttons, though, I did find the WINCH MODE / JUMPSTART MODE -- in Park, it sets the RPMS to 2,000 .. I'll find that very handy!!

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I don't know how this will go over, but I find it interesting that most of y'all are concerned about how your DRLs "look" rather than the functional purpose. Being a bike rider, I always want others to see me for safety reasons. For that reason I like the low beam LEDs on as DRLs. The LEDs have a very long bulb life, so I am not worried about them burning out prematurely either.

cristi

Reaction score

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
can you tell me who

These threads is discussing disabling DRL's on Canadian models. @VaderRebel was the member that was asking.

Users who are viewing this thread