5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of speakers do I have?

ryanc721

Reaction score
2022 Ram Big horn. There's no labeling on the grills or anywhere. What kind of speakers do I have? Im looking for a replacement but I don’t know if they're HK or Alpine. or neither.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
2022 Ram Big horn. There's no labeling on the grills or anywhere. What kind of speakers do I have? Im looking for a replacement but I don’t know if they're HK or Alpine. or neither.
If your center dash speaker doesn't have an Alpine or Harman Kardon logo then you have the base speaker system.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
all your speakers are stock.whether they be "HK,Alpine,etc.Its the "AMP"that drives them makes the difference!

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
all your speakers are stock.whether they be "HK,Alpine,etc.Its the "AMP"that drives them makes the difference!
There are actually 3 different levels(types) of speakers. The Ram trucks don't all have the same stock speakers with just different amplifiers.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
No, there is a base speaker package, an Alpine package, and a Harman Kardon package. All three have different types of speakers. They are all technically stock depending on which speaker package your truck is equipped with.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, there is a base speaker package, an Alpine package, and a Harman Kardon package. All three have different types of speakers. They are all technically stock depending on which speaker package your truck is equipped with.
i have the alpine and the speakers still looked stock paper cone stuff to me:unsure: they didnt even say "Alpine"o_O

Attachments

• 20210330_135914.jpg
    20210330_135914.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210330_140006.jpg
    20210330_140006.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 48

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
i have the alpine and the speakers still looked stock paper cone stuff to me:unsure:
LOL....SMH, fine don't believe me. Go look on any Mopar parts site and do a search for speakers. There are three different speaker set variants. I've torn out two Alpine systems and a Harman Kardon system. The speakers are definitely different. This has been covered plenty of times on this forum.

You do realize that the two audio companies build the systems with Mopar? So, they will be tagged and manufactured by them.

Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
no i really dont think so :unsure: ...but it wont be the first time😁😁..i think they are even doing it to a guy i saw while back to, if you buy a "charger"like he did like me...with the so call Alpine system.he also got jipped:LOL:

Last edited:

tolh13

Reaction score
I would have to say changing the alpine/Mopar speakers made a Hugh change to me, I'm sure to some it will not be enough but for many it worth the a couple hundred dollars

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have to say changing the alpine/Mopar speakers made a Hugh change to me, I'm sure to some it will not be enough but for many it worth the a couple hundred dollars
well what ever speaker that came in my truck.is much better now than what i had (y) ;)

Attachments

• 103_1603.JPG
    103_1603.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online