5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of autonomy do dealers have...

Portland

Reaction score
when it comes to financing incentives?

I had a rather poor experience ordering my 2022 Limited Longhorn, and my truck is a week or two out from arriving to the dealer. They refused to lock me in to the 0.9% interest rates they were offering in February when I ordered my truck. They quoted me 2-3 months for my truck to be built. It took 7 months and its still not here yet and now interest rates are way higher. Not only that, but the resale value on my existing truck is much lower than I could have gotten in April/May when I was told I would receive my original truck.

My question for all of you is how much 'say' do dealers have on financing incentives? Right now the Ram website is offering 0% for 72 months on Big Horns (lower trim than what I ordered). I negotiate for a living and would like to try to negotiate this incentive on my Limited Longhorn when it shows up in a week or two, but I don't know if dealers even have the ability to approve something like this or if I'm wasting my time even trying to negotiate for this.

Does anyone know?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
based on my experience they don't move much on the interest rate, they might take some $ off the truck to compensate some
Are you able to bring in a lower rate with your own financing to gain leverage.
Did you put down a deposit, if not I wonder if you can get some leverage by hinting that you are walking away from the deal.
there are a few threads here about special orders and financing. Maybe take a peek there

Users who are viewing this thread