5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is wrong with these dealers these days?

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Last night I did write a book as a review of my experience with this dealership on google and I just planned on letting it go mainly because the last experience with them and not giving me what I asked for as to why my heater core hose popped off while driving about a month ago, I specifically asked for the clamp to be replaced and or the hose and clamp, I also asked for the cooling system to be tested and I asked to make sure the motor didn't get heated because once I seen steam coming from the hood that when I looked down at my summary of gauges which is where I leave it while driving and my coolant temp was at 224* but I don't know if it got hotter than that, I never got a straight answer other than once I did fill it up with 2 gallons of mopar coolant they told me my levels where fine, I told them I know because I filled it up to be able to drive it to you, which I called them before explaining my problem and they agreed it was ok to fill it so I could drive it to them to inspect for any damage.

The first dumb *** girl that was my advisor? not sure, she just popped out of nowhere while I was waiting on my truck, proceeds to tell me that because I installed a HOSE CLAMP I just voided my warranty on that heater hose, I came unglued so much so she backed up and was scared to deal with me after that. So on that visit, they supposedly did testing, but to this day I never got any number thrown at me concerning pressures how hot the motor got etc, I ended leaving $155 dollars short for "diagnosis" and a missed day of work (y)
So later that day I called Ram customer service to open up a claim or whatever, and then the next day I get a call from Shay the service manager telling me to bring the truck back in and "we'll take a look at it" I told him it wouldn't be till I need my oil changed when I could bring it back, well after a few weeks the hose clamp that I had installed started to leak so I called Shay to tell hey this is still leaking so I brought it in and that's when they replaced the hose and clamp and refilled my system, but again I asked for the system to be tested etc, all I got was its all good, but I want numbers I want to see how much psi that system is building, did they test the rad cap? etc, no answer.

Even today, my coolant temps fluctuate more than they used to, before It would stay pretty steady at 208* now when I accelerate say from 60 mph to 70 or 80 mph it will jump up to 215*(highest I seen so far)then slowly fall back down and I don't remember it doing that before.
Also my trans temps used to hold pretty damn steady at 185* even when towing my camper, now it all over the place too, I have seen it get up to 194* just driving on the highways which that never happened before.

So now the oil filter problem.
After reading all of everyone's comments earlier today, and the one post about possible engine damage on start up got me rethinking it.
So I called the dealer and asked for shay again but he was "busy" so I told the other guy what happened on Saturday and I need to file a complaint and have my motor looked at, he said he would get ahold of Shay and have him call me back, so about 2 mins later the same guy calls me back asking me to bring it in which I was already off work and 2 beers in thank god ha! So I get there and talk to the advisor that I spoke with and their remedy was check the oil level and filter, that when I asked for Shay and about 15 mins later he found me outside smoking so we chatted in front of my truck and I basically told him that his dealership service dept. was **** and couldn't get a simple oil change right, and that every ram dealer I have been to since owning this truck has treated it with **** poor care and that I'm very tired of cleaning up after techs after oil changes then he tried to put it on me as if I'm creating these problems, I told him straight up, I just spent 50K on a goddamn truck and I expect the professionals to treat it with just a little respect.
So after that exchange they pulled it in, pulled the filter and tore it apart in front of me and we all agreed no metal was seen in it, so they topped it off and installed a new filter and filled me up with diesel.

So I'm tired of these dudes, but it documented and they did check codes and sure as **** a low oil pressure code was set, and I had my advisor Vicky print off the sheet that had the codes stored and it in their system so if I do have any type a failure it on them now.

So when I get home in a few days I'm going to drain the coolant and pull a vacuum on it then fill it with coolant, because I don't think they pull a vacuum when filling the cooling system, I tried asking what their procedure was for filling it and was basically told fill it and let it run for awhile.

And just for all you eco owners out there, THERE IS NO LOW COOLANT SENSOR on these trucks, smart thinking Ram (y)

@yankeefan31569 https://www.dodgeofwinterhaven.net/

Users who are viewing this thread