5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what is this tiny button by the hood release? (pics)

anthgulla

Reaction score
Did you buy your truck used? I dont have that, are you able to trace the cable a bit?

Edit: Possibly for a radar detector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubrduk

Reaction score
found this online. https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/what-is-this-under-my-steering-wheel.247369/

looks like a aftermarket security system by KARR. did the dealership sell you something?
that's got to be it!

I recall the sales guy briefly telling me about a KARR security system, along with 4 or 5 other dealer-installed "non-negotiable" options,.....which I promptly and politely said I would not be paying for any of them, period, done, end-of-discussion.

$595 for Mopar wheel locks
$595 for nitrogen in the tires
KARR security nonsense $999
interior protectant for $999
undercoat nonsense for $999

now, how do I remove that? I'm sure there is some brain type device and it's probably interrupting the factory system with questionable wiring.

Last edited:

anthgulla

Reaction score
that's it!

I recall the sales guy briefly telling me about a KARR security system, along with 4 or 5 other dealer-installed "non-negotiable" options,.....which I promptly and politely said I would not be paying for any of them, period, done, end-of-discussion.

$595 for Mopar wheel locks
$595 for nitrogen in the tires
KARR security nonsense $999
interior protectant for $999
undercoat nonsense for $999
Good thing you didn't pay for them. Those are the most expensive wheel locks and nitrogen I have seen. Everything on the list looks like a scam. my truck had the wheel locks already installed, they were either from the factory or dealership. but never saw a cost. Good thing you put your foot down.

rubrduk

Reaction score
Good thing you didn't pay for them. Those are the most expensive wheel locks and nitrogen I have seen. Everything on the list looks like a scam. my truck had the wheel locks already installed, they were either from the factory or dealership. but never saw a cost. Good thing you put your foot down.

This was the sticker on a Hellcat of some sort that was on the lot that I was looking at while waiting

IMG_9580.JPG

Skater

Reaction score
This was the sticker on a Hellcat of some sort that was on the lot that I was looking at while waiting

View attachment 78414
WoW! I have seen some scams, but this one is very intriguing. $595 for wheel locks you can get for $50. $995 for washing the dirt off the car and pulling off the plastic seat covers from FCA and maybe spraying the tires with silicone shine. $595 to fill the tires with Nitrogen! WoW. Then there is the most interesting item....$995 for "Theft replacement" Is this an insurance policy if your car gets stolen or an alarm system, which would properly be termed as "theft deterrent" or "ani-theft." Theft Replacement makes no sense, much less paying $995 for it when your insurance coverage provides replacement for stolen vehicles.

Good on you for not agreeing to pay those crazy up-sale charges, which are all scams.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
WoW! I have seen some scams, but this one is very intriguing. $595 for wheel locks you can get for $50. $995 for washing the dirt off the car and pulling off the plastic seat covers from FCA and maybe spraying the tires with silicone shine. $595 to fill the tires with Nitrogen! WoW. Then there is the most interesting item....$995 for "Theft replacement" Is this an insurance policy if your car gets stolen or an alarm system, which would properly be termed as "theft deterrent" or "ani-theft." Theft Replacement makes no sense, much less paying $995 for it when your insurance coverage provides replacement for stolen vehicles.

Good on you for not agreeing to pay those crazy up-sale charges, which are al

Good on you for not agreeing to pay those crazy up-sale charges, which are all scams.
The whole thing is a scam but theft replacement I think means they replaced the anti theft system.

Users who are viewing this thread