5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this sound after turning vehicle off?

Nels

Reaction score
I'm just curious - my truck makes an unusual sound about 30 seconds after I've turned it off and gotten out. Sounds "electronic" like something powering down. It seems to come from the back half of the vehicle, or maybe it's just resonating through the bed? Can anyone tell me about what this? It's not a concern, I would just like to be able to tell my wife what it is so she can go on believing the fallacy that I know everything about my truck, like a real man should! LOL

jkm312

Reaction score
Most likely it is the parking brake engaging. You can turn it off in the settings if you wish.

Nels

Reaction score
Most likely it is the parking brake engaging. You can turn it off in the settings if you wish.
This sounded legit so I checked my settings. Auto Parking Brake is not checked.

41magmag41

Reaction score
i think youll find its the system computer going through its post trip shut down

Nels

Reaction score
No air suspension. 2019 Laramie. My brother's 2020 BTS does the same thing.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine does to. I believe part of it is the parking brake and some type of shut down check

zlman

Reaction score
Mine does the same. 2 sounds actually, 1 is the p brake, the other, no clue, an electronic beep of some sort.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The e-brake is almost instantaneous if you have it to auto set when you rotate the shift knob to park.

I do hear hvac blend doors closing under the passenger side of the dash a good 30 or so seconds after I turn the key off. That could be one of the noises you’re hearing.

gpbst3

Reaction score
I believe it some sort of auto vent with the fuel system. My previous Tundra did the same thing

kmcdonough

Reaction score
I'm just curious - my truck makes an unusual sound about 30 seconds after I've turned it off and gotten out. Sounds "electronic" like something powering down. It seems to come from the back half of the vehicle, or maybe it's just resonating through the bed? Can anyone tell me about what this? It's not a concern, I would just like to be able to tell my wife what it is so she can go on believing the fallacy that I know everything about my truck, like a real man should! LOL
It is the fuel pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/