5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this part called?

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
In the photo below, I need to know what the bottom plastic part is called that is circled in red.

UnderseatStorage2.jpg

These parts are different in the 5th Gen Rams that come with the rear under seat storage. So to use the OEM version, I need the right plastic pieces. They don't come with the OEM storage system. But are required. Please help.

UnderseatStorage.jpg

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Thank you so very much!

Those are the magic words I needed for my search. And that bottom link is one of the exact ones I need in black to match my truck's interior. Now I can finish my mission to make this Laramie exactly like my sweetie wants it. :cool:(y)

PS: The ones I need for our Laramie with black interior appear to be 6ME45TX7AC and 6ME46TX7AC. The lack of these two little relatively inexpensive pieces is most likely the reason the dealership parts guy says the under seat storage will not fit my truck.

Last edited:

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I checked all over the web. The best price and quickest delivery for the Riser Shields I need were at www.worldpartsdirect.com. I believe this website is actually the Jupiter Chevy and Dallas CDJR dealerships in Garland, TX which is only about 300 miles from where I live. Even with shipping, the prices are less than my local CDJR dealership. I also ordered a new center handle cover to replace the one that is scuffed that came with the used storage bin I bought. Prices are below:

Part Number Part Name Price Quantity Total
6ME45TX7AC Riser Shield, Right $25.59 1 $25.59
6ME46TX7AC Riser Shield, Left $25.59 1 $25.59
6NF73TX7AA Handle Cover $15.78 1 $15.78

Subtotal: $66.96
Estimated Shipping to XXXXX via Standard Shipping: $9.99
Total: $76.95

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
PS: I just verified the riser shield part numbers with "World Parts Direct" using the VIN from a 2021 Limited that has the black interior and a storage bin from the factory. This should do the trick. Only downside is that they don't drop-ship. They will get the part from the FCA warehouse and then ship them to me. I figure a week or more. :rolleyes:

Part Based on VIN.jpg

Last edited:

FM45

Reaction score
Just some added info when you dive into installing the under seat storage... you must remove the rear seats, remove old risers, install under seat storage, install new risers and reinstall seats... Installed a handful for customers and there is no easier way...

-=FM45=-

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Just some added info when you dive into installing the under seat storage... you must remove the rear seats, remove old risers, install under seat storage, install new risers and reinstall seats... Installed a handful for customers and there is no easier way...

-=FM45=-
Do you need to install different metal risers themselves, or just new riser shields?

FM45

Reaction score
Just the shields over the riser.. sorry for the confusion... mounting holes/ pre threaded already present..

-=FM45=-

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Just the shields over the riser.. sorry for the confusion... mounting holes/ pre threaded already present..

-=FM45=-

Thanks. I was getting worried I didn't have all the parts I needed yet. So far I'm at the following:

Take-off Storage Bin with all hardware from 2021 Laramie - $150
Shipping for the Bin - $65
Riser Shields and New Handle Cover w/shipping - $76.95

That totals $291.95. I was hoping to keep this project below $300. So I wasn't looking forward to buying more parts. :unsure:

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Riser Shields and New Handle Cover have FINALLY shipped! Shipping is often only one day, hub to hub, from the DFW area to central Arkansas. Should be here soon. 😊

Last edited:

parnine

Reaction score
I'm not the OP, but have done similar and the key is that if you get an under seat storage part from someone make sure the brackets are included (of course if you buy new you'll get the brackets, you can not buy only the brackets, or I could not find anyone to sell them alone) as shown in the red circle below. If you have a stock struck (no storage option) and you want the storage option, you need the complete under seat storage part (as you would buy with all parts) and you will need to use new rear seat riser covers that support the bracket. 1645221322004.png

Stock looks like this
66501400958__C071047F-6984-4D5E-9C4D-F1E3B1B38058.jpeg

You need this (which has the bracket installed, so this pic is the seat riser plus the bracket attached)
IMG_6248.jpeg

this is what it looks like with only the seatrise shield/cover and no storage bracket
IMG_6250 copy.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread