5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this hole in the bed?

michaeld2470

Reaction score
Anyone know what the tall hole pictured below in the bed is used for? I’m also looking to purchase a cover for that hole as it was missing when I purchased the truck if anyone knows where to buy one. Thanks!

Attachments

• 8F61CE1F-CCBD-4D6F-A43B-B33C9D34C1F6.jpeg
    8F61CE1F-CCBD-4D6F-A43B-B33C9D34C1F6.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 129
Anyone know what the tall hole pictured below in the bed is used for? I’m also looking to purchase a cover for that hole as it was missing when I purchased the truck if anyone knows where to buy one. Thanks!
Looks like where the bed lights mount. You might add a signature and share some details about your truck configuration. Welcome!

Looks like where the bed lights mount. You might add a signature and share some details about your truck configuration. Welcome!
Thanks! Just purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie. 6’ 4” bed.

Get the plastic cover you don’t have the lights

Just to clean up any loose ends, get it from the Ram Dealer

As you've probably already read, that opening is for the bed lights. Trucks not equipped from the factory with the bed lighting system leave with the plastic cover installed in that spot. Your dealer should supply one to you.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044313 miles.

Cool thanks. I thought it was made for the truck it fit so well in the hole.
It is a little short such that I can't get screws in the bottom. I'm going to just try being careful plugging stuff in and out (won't be that often). If necessary, I'll have to put a little backing plate behind the bottom holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back