5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this connector for in bed of 2021 1500 Limited?

john3mary

Reaction score
Anyone know what this is for? I am thinking about buying a used 2021 and the car dealer it is at is not a RAM dealer so, the salesman has no idea.

20221224_102037.jpg

bvigne01

Reaction score
I don’t believe that’s factory. I’ve never seen a connector like that on any ram in the bed. I’m guessing the last owner installed something and removed it before selling

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
maybe it plugged into a heated blanket for when the last guy got kicked out of the house.... did you look at the fuse panels? Look for a wire that looks like it doesn't belong there, or also look at the positive battery cable for a Mickey-Mouse wire tapped into it. Might give you a clue as to what it was...but definetly not factory. Wouldn't worry about it though. Get a test light and see if it's live though.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Probably had a topper on it - that would be for the 3rd center brake light.
Wouldn't imagine a 3rd brake light would need a 6-pin connector. Would only need a cheaper 2-wire pigtail and connector

john3mary

Reaction score
Thanks all. I tested it, it provides 12v all the time it seems. I might use it for some leds I add to light up the bed. Saves me from having to run more wires.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The connector for my topper is an 8 pin. I have 3rd brake light, Constant 12v for push button light, back glass open light, lock/unlock.
The comment I was replying to was about it being for just a third brake light.

Users who are viewing this thread