5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this button and how does it work?

Monteman1971

Reaction score
So what is the button next to the axle lock button? I thought it was something to do with "roll control" but the truck is facing the wrong way on the hill if you ask me. I went through the owners manual but didn't find it (doesn't mean it's not there...lol).

Sorry for the blurry pic but you get the idea.

Thanks,
Steve
4x4.jpg

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hill descent control. Truck will automatically brake for you

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You're right. Just re-read his post and posted the wrong instructions. Anyways, it's on the manual... :p

knightro84

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply... So if I'm on a hill press the button and it will hold the truck still.

Thanks again,
Steve

No. It can only be used when you are in 4LOW and you traveling less than 20 mph. It maintains vehicle speed while descending steep hills via actively controlling the brakes.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply... So if I'm on a hill press the button and it will hold the truck still.

Thanks again,
Steve
I think you're thinking about HSA (hill start assist), which prevents the truck from rolling back.

HDC, will let the truck go down the hill at a slow, optimal steady pace, without you needing to use gas or brake. That's what it does.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online