5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this, and why is paint missing from it?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t bother the dealer for that. Like others have said.. quick scuff, wipe and can of paint and all is well again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine had similar scuffs, but not quite as bad and a few places where the paint coverage was a little thin. I used some flat black spray paint to touch it up and it still looks brand new.
20211204_162822.jpg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me exactly what paint to use?
I have stores like Home Depot and Lowes near me but I haven't the slightest what kind of paint to use.
I would rather not use spraypaint and just brush it on so I don't get overspray on crap.

I have some high temp stuff I used for my smoker that had paint coming off but it's spraypaint.
I don't think theres any clearcoat so should I be able to use like any blank paint I really wanted?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just used some black rust-oleum I had in my garage. It's held up fine for the last year it's been on there.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
aa0d6cd52e8b11990d1d559f6c1c8871.jpg

Get the enamel oil based stuff. Not the water based hippy crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
aa0d6cd52e8b11990d1d559f6c1c8871.jpg

Get the enamel oil based stuff. Not the water based hippy crap.

Perfect thanks. Can I just slap it on, or do I need to put on anything after it?
This looks to be the same thing just without the word "professional" and it's matt black glossy (existing paint is matt and I don't want to paint the whole thing, truck isn't raised so no one will see it).

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Just clean the truck and brush it on after it’s dry. Use gloves because when you get it on your skin it takes about a week to get off.

Users who are viewing this thread