5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the" Engine Calibration" on the 2020 window sticker?

Guppydriver

Reaction score
I was comparing sticker prices tonight and noticed that the 2020's with the 5.7 have a listing at the end of their sticker that lists "Engine Calibration" as a no cost option. The 2019's don't have this on the stickers I saw. When I say sticker, I mean the web version of the monroney sticker that dealers link you to.

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
Interesting.... What 5.7? I have a 2020 Rebel 5.7, non etorque and that Engine Calibration option does not show on my sticker.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
I just checked the window sticker on my 2020 Bighorn with the non eTorque Hemi and I don’t see engine calibration listed anywhere either. Mine was built August 2019. Do u have a screenshot?

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Shows on my 2020 Laramie 5.7 e-torque, which I hope gets here soon.

Attachments

• 2020 Laramie WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    95.9 KB · Views: 64

Firebird

Reaction score
I wonder what the calibration is for?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guess would be that Ram has a new PCM firmware that was dropped out of cycle so it needed to be manually applied to trucks before releasing them from the factory. The window stickers are dynamically printed using codes and I'll bet whoever's in charge, if they care, didn't know this would print out.
Pure speculation so carry on.

derp

Reaction score
Ah yes, the engine calibration PCM flash. Thats the super sexy way of saying that it runs the firmware that actually spins the radiator fans as opposed to the one I got.

It was a real treat to find out that "radiator fan strategy" was shorthand for... use the GD radiator fan before it boils off the coolant at a stop.

Users who are viewing this thread