5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the difference between these sizes

Lungs414

Reaction score
in ridge grapplers 305/55/20 vs 33/12.5/20?

Thanks

Kooch80

Reaction score

Lungs414

Reaction score
Great thanks for the help. The reason i am asking is I am planning on the 2" Mopar lift, and the tire shop suggested a
20 x 9 +1 0ffset to safely have no rub. I was originally thinking the 33 x12.5 x 20. I have the stock 22's now. I do more highway than city, and was leaning toward the Terra over the Ridge. I have the blacked out night 22's and would prefer a little different stance.
What do you think ?

Zoompastu

Reaction score
Great thanks for the help. The reason i am asking is I am planning on the 2" Mopar lift, and the tire shop suggested a
20 x 9 +1 0ffset to safely have no rub. I was originally thinking the 33 x12.5 x 20. I have the stock 22's now. I do more highway than city, and was leaning toward the Terra over the Ridge. I have the blacked out night 22's and would prefer a little different stance.
What do you think ?
That wheel size and offset will work fine. If you are not planning on taking the truck off road and are more into looks highway driving Nitto G2 it’s going to be the lightest weight. Also make sure the wheels you buy are not superheavy, that will also have an effect on handling breaking acceleration and of course fuel economy. You are in luck that the NItto ridge grappler 305/55/20 (NOT THE LT305/55/20) Is the same size without the added weight of a load e “10 ply” tire. The truck will ride a little softer than the more expensive stiffer heavier tire and it is still well within the range of what the truck was designed to do for towing and payload capacity.

Lungs414

Reaction score
That wheel size and offset will work fine. If you are not planning on taking the truck off road and are more into looks highway driving Nitto G2 it’s going to be the lightest weight. Also make sure the wheels you buy are not superheavy, that will also have an effect on handling breaking acceleration and of course fuel economy. You are in luck that the NItto ridge grappler 305/55/20 (NOT THE LT305/55/20) Is the same size without the added weight of a load e “10 ply” tire. The truck will ride a little softer than the more expensive stiffer heavier tire and it is still well within the range of what the truck was designed to do for towing and payload capacity.
Great. Also another reason for the change is I have a double jet ski trailer and in late summer the ramp gets a lot of sand, shells , and rocks. With my '14 and these current same types of tires had too much slipping, once I couldn't pull them out of the water and a guy with his jeep did it for me. He had ridge grapplers and no slipping, just came right out. I am really looking for a balance and I think the terras seem to be the solution. What do you think?
Thanks
Sorry for the lengthy post
Rich

Zoompastu

Reaction score
The difference between the jeep and the truck is not apples to apples. If the jeep was a Rubicon it’s possible he flipped the switch to lock the rear Differential. Take a look at your four-wheel-drive panel. Do you have a button that says E lock? Also on a boat ramp don’t be afraid to put it in 4 high to get to the top of the ramp then put it back in 2WD.

Either the Terra grapplers or the ridge grappler’s will be fine for what you’re doing. The lowest weight with the softest ride will be XL load so just make sure that that is what the tire shop orders for you.

Attachments

• 380ED48B-A650-41D5-840A-E4ADEA30DC4D.png
    380ED48B-A650-41D5-840A-E4ADEA30DC4D.png
    323.7 KB · Views: 25
  • A743E0FB-9B1D-414A-A97D-71D6328CA164.png
    A743E0FB-9B1D-414A-A97D-71D6328CA164.png
    319.8 KB · Views: 25

Lungs414

Reaction score
Thanks. And when that happened to me I did use 4 high. The truck just had no traction on those tires.

Last edited:

Jarrambidez

Reaction score
Looking at the venom power hunter power series, 305/55r20 on a 19 4wd Laramie. Most things I read state the size will fit with no rub with out leveling kit. I need tires first but intent is to eventually get the leveling kit. Thoughts on size and fit?
Thanks!

mcp6530

Reaction score
Looking at the venom power hunter power series, 305/55r20 on a 19 4wd Laramie. Most things I read state the size will fit with no rub with out leveling kit. I need tires first but intent is to eventually get the leveling kit. Thoughts on size and fit?
Thanks!
everything i have seen says to level the front for no rubbing with that size....popular choice is the bilstein 5100's for that. Just based on my research only!

Users who are viewing this thread