5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the average/expected time between ordering a new truck, and getting it?

tpetty

Reaction score
I realize the time varies, but is there a reasonable average anyone can give me regarding this? I plan on ordering a 2020 Longhorn. I don't need it immediately. I'm wondering if Ram will have good rebates/offers around Black Friday in November. So if I want delivery in November, when should I order it? September?

tul9033

Reaction score
2019's are done, you can't order them any longer. 2020's are on the line right now.
My 2019 took 4 weeks and 3 days from order to dealer in July.

GerryS

Reaction score
I realize the time varies, but is there a reasonable average anyone can give me regarding this? I plan on ordering a 2020 Longhorn. I don't need it immediately. I'm wondering if Ram will have good rebates/offers around Black Friday in November. So if I want delivery in November, when should I order it? September?
I would think that at the beginning of the model year run that all the dealers are putting their orders in and unless your order is in with the first wave, you might be waiting a long time. But that's just a guess...

Gerry

Big Bert

Reaction score
I like your thinking....Black Friday will be the first broad based opportunity to get any rebates on the upper trims...my thinking is early October. Will arrive in 6 weeks can pick up mid November when the incentives are announced...but it is a guess

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Ordered on 5/28 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Took delivery on 6/15. Rebates ended up being $3,000+ better in June (lucky me) and I ordered my 2019 one of the last few days they accepted 2019 orders.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered on 5/28 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Took delivery on 6/15. Rebates ended up being $3,000+ better in June (lucky me) and I ordered my 2019 one of the last few days they accepted 2019 orders.
That is crazy quick turn around time.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
That is crazy quick turn around time.
I know. The dealership said 3 weeks best case; 8 weeks worse case. I was very happy it came in time for June rebates. They honor all rebates at time of delivery (not time of order). Bought at invoice minus $8,700 or so in rebates. Think it was around $13,000 off MSRP or 23%. Others got 30% off in the same month, but I got the exact truck I wanted and in the quickest of time lol

Users who are viewing this thread