5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the Air Valve for in the truck bed of a 2019 Ram 1500.

Leumas

Reaction score
I Purchased the truck used and at first thought it was just a bolt sticking through a washer to cover a drain hole on the side of the truck bed. I was recently look at it closely and noticed it was an air valve and it is connected to air tubing, to a T split and than two other lines that run off under the spare tire. Anyone have an Idea for the purpose of this valve and line?

IMG_5024.jpg IMG_5026.jpg IMG_5025.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Trace the lines and see where they go. My bet is either air shocks or air bags.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have a look at your rear suspension and see if it has had air assist bags added. If so, keep a few PSI in it unless you need assist for heavy cargo. And put a cap on it so rain and dirt don't get in.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Looks like the previous owner installed air lift bags in the rear coil springs.

Leumas

Reaction score
Thank for the help. I traced the lines and I think it goes to airbag installed on the rear suspension. I'll cover the valve, is there a PSI I should keep them at. I don't plan on hauling any heavy loads any time soon. IMG_5028.jpg IMG_5027.jpg IMG_5029.jpg

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
And replace that nasty washer around the valve. I don't understand why the companies that sell stuff like this cheap out on the hardware that ends up looking like that in a very short time.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen 5psi recommended for unloaded use of the airbags. Just enough to keep them inflated, but not so much as to effect ride quality.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
When I had my 11 ram I put a set of air lift bags in and would leave it at zero psi until I needed to haul something heavy. When I was done I'd release the air until next time

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Idk about other makes but Airlift says to keep them at 5psi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online